A message to mortar 'users'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Wonder why people are fleeing as far as possible from Legions. Attitude such as this and which is shared by the most of the posters in this thread is just disgusting. I might start a petition to get rid of the people who don't care *chocolate cookies* about what pubs are.

edit: I will now on report everyone who team kills with mortar and do all I can to get you banned for few days atleast.
If Disci isn't just messing around, then I'm gonna have to agree with him. Basically we went from snipe chasing being a problem (hornet) right into hornet bowlpartying(or the I'm not bowlpartying because I'm standing outside my base...) and sent/mortars diving into every single position there is.

Sent timeline in legions overdrive:
Beginning: [0-2] HoFs, there would be the odd third HO outlier
Middle: [2-4] HoFs, yes, 2-4 HoFs not other positions <- Introduction of Mortars, many people wanted to try out the sent and up their HoF skills
Now: [5-12] Sents in any game, the "HoFs" don't HoF they attempt to block and go off chasing with mortar (killing team chasers) and are no where to be found during standoffs. Mortars are shot left right and center and I'd be surprised if I didn't get tked 5 times a game either as a capper or chaser. Also because of this gameplay is reduced significantly (speed of the game) and standoffs don't occur as often as rarely anyone plays SaH or HoF anymore

I keep stating/implying that PUBS are the most important part of legions, yet any post regarding gameplay that isn't related in hypothetical situations/analogies to PuGs is just trolled immediately. Once our community realizes legions as a whole is a team game and not about getting the most fun you can at the expense of other people (apparently trolling/being an ass is fun?)

Armageddon

Teapot
Lately besides what frost said, i've seen so much Heavy capping it's sickening. Try a route and right as you get there some hof iODs you or grabs when he should have let a light grab. The game is just getting so stupid anymore, I'm waiting for the "Depth" to show up, and the all heavies all the time games to gtfo.

skypredator

"Take oneself's word as gold yet disregard another's as trash, all for the sake of playing war with one another." - Unknown

Mighty won't get banned for accidentally TKing. Purposely TKing, yes. And sure, it can be really *dancing* annoying. I know, Prop. It sucks! But that's the mortar for ya. There are just some things in life that we must take as they are. The heavy class is there. So long as it appeases the public eye, it'll be used. Whether or not Legions should stay this way is the problem. I personally think the Heavy either needs a nerf, but then it just wouldn't be the good old heavy anymore. Option B would be to make the Mortar turret-exclusive.

DKnight556

"Take oneself's word as gold yet disregard another's as trash, all for the sake of playing war with one another." - Unknown

It sucks! But that's the mortar for ya. There are just some things in life that we must take as they are. The heavy class is there.

I personally think the Heavy either needs a nerf, but then it just wouldn't be the good old heavy anymore. Option B would be to make the Mortar turret-exclusive.
You contradicted your own statements.

Legions can be changed cause its a game and not real life. If the mortar continues on its current path then I think legions PUBS as a whole will be doomed.

skypredator

It seems I always contradict myself, apparently. I actually put a bit of thought into that response. Maybe I should reduce my posts to plain truth without any attempt at craftiness. By "nerf", I mean "get rid of iOD and reduce armor/reduce speed", not "get rid of the mortar, but then the Heavy wouldn't be the Heavy anymore". I see now why you'd think I did. =P Hell I'd love to see the Mortar in-game forever but it's just not working for a single class.

A2

Oh yeah and I'm pretty sure most of the mortar shots hit on the own team mate MUST have been by mistake. Because, it's a Mortar. I mean, I got hit many times, and I hit many, many times :p but that's the mortar.

Abandoned

Please think before you post contradicting *chocolate cookies* on the forums, Sky. It doesn't provide a basis of the point you're trying to argue.

Sin

Private Tester
1290505033368.jpg

Seriously guys, cool it. The forums are not the place to go about bashing people. Honestly this is just another mortar debate thread which should be locked. If you accidentally TK with the mortar, it's an accident. It's most likely going to be nerfed. Also, pubs aren't competitive, just for fun. Don't get angry in them unless someone is doing something on purpose. This community needs to stop the flame.

I must say that being a sentinel to only shoot the mortar is just stupid besides from doing more damage then good to the game and specially in teamplay because of the more increased chance of killing a teammate, I can't say I didn't do that and I didn't kill lots of my teammates in the process but every time I kill a teammate makes me really don't want to kill or extensively injure another in my next shot, people should understand that killing a teammate is bad and should try to keep away from it while shooting a mortar
if you want to use the mortar while being on D you can't be HD you have to be a HoF and do what the HoF usually does, being a HD does more damage than good by just shooting a mortar anywhere in your base even if you only hit your enemy in a shot doesn't mean you won't hit your teammate in the next, also you can't just be a HO without awareness to the capper because you can make the capper fail bad with the slightest push by the mortar while trying to kill the enemy HoF or by just shooting and distracting

I'm not saying you shouldn't shoot a mortar, in fact you should but with the decency of having proper timing, if it isn't the time to shoot it then don't shoot it, you have other weapons use them, well they're not as powerful as the mortar but they can usually get the job done perfectly
you want to protect the flag carrier? then do it but try to do it without shooting a mortar at their face, at least wait for them to die while seeing there isn't anyone to get the flag then shoot the damn mortar to kill the enemy who is trying to return the flag and probably shooting the flag towards you in the process
you see a chaser who can probably kill the capper and return the flag? then shoot the damn mortar at his face when you can only hit him or not killing nor slowing down the capper

you're on defense and a capper is coming to grab the flag?, then shoot the mortar at the cappers' route to kill or slow him down, you didn't hit him? no problem you SHOULD be on the flag stand blocking him from grabbing the flag, you failed?(probably because of that idiot on the tower shooting the *dancing* mortar at you) then no problem you can shoot the mortar at where the capper is going but only if the chaser is far from the enemy capper because you could just hit and kill the chaser

try to think of what is the proper situation and timing to when to shoot the mortar, if you didn't do good then you did bad

Propkid

*Dumb quote. Why do you both with mightysheep do these silly kiddy quotes all the time?*

Mighty won't get banned for accidentally TKing. Purposely TKing, yes. And sure, it can be really *dancing* annoying. I know, Prop. It sucks! But that's the mortar for ya. There are just some things in life that we must take as they are. The heavy class is there. So long as it appeases the public eye, it'll be used. Whether or not Legions should stay this way is the problem. I personally think the Heavy either needs a nerf, but then it just wouldn't be the good old heavy anymore. Option B would be to make the Mortar turret-exclusive.

I'll repeat the scenario just for you, because it seems that everyone understood it, just not you.
Down in front of our moonshine base, stand off. Souljagirl has just picked up the flag, I was going for it too but now I was covering her from 2 enemies closing in. They came into really close contact fight with us. Next thing that happened was HERPDERP mortar shot to kill us all.

How is that accidental? You don't accidentally kill 2 team mates. How are the other TKs of mightysheep/other mortar spammers accidental when I was standing on the flagstand (medium armour) doing well at BB and RLing the incoming cappers and they just decided that a mortar to my face will do the job better? How is that whenever there are more than 3 people going for a dropped flag mortar users go HERPDERP, stop noticing the team colours and shoot a goddamn mortar at the flag, not caring who they'll kill? Does that sound accidental?

And stop saying that 'this is the way life is, get over it' because the way life is looks more like an incoming ban for the mortar TKers. Oh and you will rage, but guess what we all will tell you: "There are just some things in life that we must take as they are." Dumbest piece of crap ever, the game is in development, nothing is taken as it is; everything is being changed/improved. So please take your akin to 'CoD Grenade Launcher Pro' kid talk somewhere else.

"get rid of iOD and reduce armor/reduce speed", not "get rid of the mortar, but then the Heavy wouldn't be the Heavy anymore"
I'll translate that into gaming language just for everyone's sake:
"get rid of the skill-requiring and game-depth enhancing sentinel component, also by the way punish the sentinel for the lulz", not "get rid of the easy to use rookie weapon which is currently being badly misused, but then the heavy wouldn't be the Heavy anymore... oh no wait herpderp, but what was it before the mortar?"

Honestly this is just another mortar debate thread which should be locked.

Re-read the OP.

If you accidentally TK with the mortar, it's an accident.

*chocolate cookies*'s not accidental.

It's most likely going to be nerfed.

I sincerely hope not; it's the way people use it that needs change hence this thread. Reread the OP.

Also, pubs aren't competitive, just for fun.

Hard to have fun when you are being teamkilled throughout the key moments of the game

This community needs to stop the flame.
Sometimes a more drastic approach is needed. Mostly during herpderp situations.

Also,

Cluster as hotfix, mortar back when we got base assets. Gogogo!
That. Or make mortar just not detonate at all when near a teammate. IMO feasible with the code, solves the issue, keeps the mortar pretty much the way it is (which I think is the way it should be) and would be punishing enough for the misuses that are going on.

RiPTaCk

try to think of what is the proper situation and timing to when to shoot the mortar, if you didn't do good then you did bad
Honestly I respect you for trying to explain the use of mortar and I fully accept it but this doesn't help.
You wanna know why? Because the people, who consistently tk in order to kill an ennemy or 2, are a bunch of ignorant, selfish and stupid douchebags. They will most likely ignore the complaining about tking and/or even argue that its worth killing a teammate in order to kill an ennemy. They just don't care.

Arch

Legions Developer
Lately besides what frost said, i've seen so much Heavy capping it's sickening.
Oh, an Broccoli. He's so annoying in that department. Especially on Elgiac. Just sits on top of the outer wall and slams mortars down at your defense and when we are distracted he pulls out a lazy Heavy Grab. Spamming mortars behind him to get rid of the chasers. So goddamn annoying.

Immanent

Oh, an Broccoli. He's so annoying in that department. Especially on Elgiac. Just sits on top of the outer wall and slams mortars down at your defense and when we are distracted he pulls out a lazy Heavy Grab. Spamming mortars behind him to get rid of the chasers. So goddamn annoying.
The best solution would be to get away from the proximity of the flagstand, it's no use to you to keep on coming back for more, just find a different spot. It's exactly what I do, and I have repeated myself so many times. Yes I play SaH.

Propkid

Mightysheep must have pretty boss aiming.

Heres one for you:

Does mortaring 4 people ( 2 of your team mates as well) have same effect as killing 4 people in 1 shot with a rocket launcher or a cluster (old one)?
I'm not so sure what your point is here, but if people were doing the same crap with RL then I'd go about the same 'whine'. Mortar is fine, it's the way people go about it that's wrong. How many times do I need to say this...

DKnight556

I wish they would add the hold down mouse button feature that was on the cluster. This allows for more accurate timing. That would also make the skill level go up in the mortar which would get rid of all the newbs using it.

What we really need to do is figure out why people did not "DERPDERP" with the cluster as much with the mortar ( cluster was old most powerful weapon in the game so why wasn't it abused to the extent of the mortar)

Status
Not open for further replies.