12.04 (New Servers)

Royalty

The Aussie
I know Aussie's always talk about needing/wanting a ded but I just don't understand why don't you guys just pay for one yourselves and set it up..?
No idea. Not being smart or anything, but most of the Australians are under 18 and can't really...
I'm definitely interested in looking into a real Australian server, as well as a Chinese server.
Currently Molten is on the ball. Our two major priorities should be 2 server in Asia and Australia. One Public and one for PUGs.

Also I'd like to add that my friend is in the process of building a Windows server. He's having some trouble, but he said as soon as it's done he'll let me utilize the server permanently.

Molten Dwarf

Sorry I never delivered on this, going through a rough time financially, I had enough money to fire up some servers back in 04/2012, but if you guys have ever heard about how much I prefer stability over unpredictability, you would know I probably made the right choice to just hold back and try and do this later on.

Element Town's primary servers are prepaid for a whopping ten years, so even though my bank account is in the mega negatives right now, those servers won't go down. Period. This is the main reason why I didn't deliver on this promise; I didn't have enough for more than maybe a few months at the time, and I'd like to give you guys a solid ~1-2 years of play rather than "hey, here's a month," and then make it look like I don't care at all after that. I'll update again when I have some good news.

On the bright side, maybe I'll be recovered by the time the Steam launch hits, and there's also the AWS being deployed in Australia which will give those damn sexy Aussies a true home server. :)

k e v i n

Private Tester
Sorry I never delivered on this, going through a rough time financially, I had enough money to fire up some servers back in 04/2012, but if you guys have ever heard about how much I prefer stability over unpredictability, you would know I probably made the right choice to just hold back and try and do this later on.

Element Town's primary servers are prepaid for a whopping ten years, so even though my bank account is in the mega negatives right now, those servers won't go down. Period. This is the main reason why I didn't deliver on this promise; I didn't have enough for more than maybe a few months at the time, and I'd like to give you guys a solid ~1-2 years of play rather than "hey, here's a month," and then make it look like I don't care at all after that. I'll update again when I have some good news.

On the bright side, maybe I'll be recovered by the time the Steam launch hits, and there's also the AWS being deployed in Australia which will give those damn sexy Aussies a true home server. :)
well you stating that the element town server won't go away seems like good news for me. out of all the servers that i play on, it always seem that whenever i go to element town server, that one always seems to be the most stable which i prefer over ping. i actually thought u were some rich guy when i heard you're the one who pays for the ET server, lol, and now that i know ur not, well that just sucks. but thanks for the server it's the best one i've played on so far:)

Defender

There are a lot of cheep VPS linux options all over the internet right now, and I want to try one.
I'm on a VPS windows 2008 server, from ucvhost.com, that is located in DC and lags to much.
I have a question for the DEVs, I'm modding my Legions server scripts, do I need to edit Legions.linux file if I run a linux server?

Triad

Legions Developer
There are a lot of cheep VPS linux options all over the internet right now, and I want to try one.
I'm on a VPS windows 2008 server, from ucvhost.com, that is located in DC and lags to much.
I have a question for the DEVs, I'm modding my Legions server scripts, do I need to edit Legions.linux file if I run a linux server?
No, that's simply the linux executable so it is the same thing as Legions.exe but for linux. You couldn't modify it unless you had the C++ source code so you could recompile it.

Defender

Thanks for the reply Triad,
I really must learn to setup the cheaper Linux VPS server, paying the extra 10 to 15 bucks per month a for windows VPS is just dumb.