12.04 (New Servers)

Molten Dwarf

Going to be setting up some VPS nodes sometime late April, 2012 (willing to use them for Legions: Overdrive servers).

If you have any preference or suggestion on who to buy from, or where to purchase them, feel free to leave a reply. :)

I'm primarily interested in purchasing Amazon EC2 Nodes; the locations they offer are:
  • US East (Virginia)
  • US West (Oregon)
  • US West (Northern California)
  • EU (Ireland)
  • Asia Pacific (Singapore)
  • Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
  • South America (Sao Paulo)
Do note that if you have a good suggestion for a provider, my primary focus is stability over support or price, as I can resolve most of my issues without support, and I'm not cheap. :)

Molten Dwarf

Australian Server ;) ♥ Hopefully it will be the kick start to a new community for us!
For this I will need a suggestion for a good provider as if you can view the list above, Amazon only provides their EC2 Nodes in the locations I specified above for the time being. :)

Molten Dwarf

Ah, well, I'm not interested in that kind of host. Game server hosting companies are generally shared and managed hosts, plus the costs are generally quite inflated because of it. I don't want either of those. A VPS gives me the driver's seat over the server, and I can do as much or as little as I want with the power of the node, whereas with a shared host, they get to call the shots on how much power you use is worth.

Defender

Unfortunately, But true.:mad:
At this time, you don't realy need the most powerful and expensive game server for legions right now.
I am using the cheep option, Windows HyperV Lite Server, at www.ucvhost.com
It cost about 19 bucks per month. The speed seems realy fast.;)

Karnage

Private Tester
Any chance for a Hong Kong server? Those were what worked best for the Asia community in the past. Amazon's Singapore server was horrendous quite frankly. The other option would be the Japan server which I am happy about (except for the OPness of the St3lth).

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I'd say Ireland, but the German servers are good enough for Euro's. It's about time other regional players had some good servers to play on.

Molten Dwarf

I'm definitely interested in looking into a real Australian server, as well as a Chinese server.

If you have any suggestions for VPS providers in these areas that are configurable (like how with EC2 you may pick how much memory, processor power and disk space individually), I would definitely grab a node or two in the area that you can run Legions: Overdrive on.

As for the Singapore servers; additional research indicates it is not EC2, but rather the network connection between Australia and the outside and China and the outside are just not stable enough with enough bandwidth?
On that note, I'm not too certain a server based in Japan would have much advantage over one based in Singapore for China, despite its reduced distance? However, I do like the idea of a node based in Japan because I can easily hit 90 ping on a node hosted there (despite the fact I am based in California).

More feedback?

OREGON SERVERS PLEASE. :D
A Florida server would be great
There might not be that many additional resources for United States and Canada servers as I already have an extremely powerful physical server in California, and will be setting up some VPS nodes closer to the east coast soon; any additional resources spent on nodes here has little value beyond the interest of a shooter game.

Royalty

The Aussie
Australian servers and Asian server are the ones which are needed most. People wanting more servers in America so that they can go from 80 ping to 40...

Australian servers and Asian server are the ones which are needed most. People wanting more servers in America so that they can go from 80 ping to 40...
Of course there also are a lot more of them. What we're relying on is that if an aussie server was hosted we'd be able to convince more people to come back to the game/ join the game. As much as I want an aussie server, I don't like the chances of that happening pre legions advertising (which as we well know, won't happen until legions is in a more finished state)

Royalty

The Aussie
Of course there also are a lot more of them. What we're relying on is that if an aussie server was hosted we'd be able to convince more people to come back to the game/ join the game. As much as I want an aussie server, I don't like the chances of that happening pre legions advertising (which as we well know, won't happen until legions is in a more finished state)
Finished as in another 3 years down the track? Oh during Year 12. Ah ok. Yeah...

But seriously you're right anyway.

k e v i n

Private Tester
i'm canadian, but i've heard there are a few ppl from australia that do play this game...and i'm sure if there was a server there, then you guys can get more ppl from there to start playing.....my vote goes to an aussie server

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I know Aussie's always talk about needing/wanting a ded but I just don't understand why don't you guys just pay for one yourselves and set it up..?