Full Devotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Will it be using the steam authorization framework (as in, steam usernames)?
What about updating and the startup client? Will that be disappearing to favor updating through steam?
Will custom servers and (most of) the client side code be available?

One of my bigger questions:
Modding. With all the changes that have been happening lately, will all the mods that have happened so far be compatible with the torque3d engine, or be usable when it goes on steam? Will users be able to get said mods in the same way you get mods for skyrim (steam workshop)?

That's all I have for now...

3lionz

Legions Developer
Guys what I should do to dont lose my weapon skins after this hube update?
genius-meme.png

... for some. The puzzle has only just begun.
(Ha, beat you dabbleh.)

3lionz

Legions Developer
can someone awsner me with a yes or no ..... will we have to pay for legions .. D:
This is not a "yes" or "no" question that can be answered yet. If you actually read earlier in the forum, fixi said it would be VERY LIKELY that it would be F2P. Personally, I would not expect you to have to pay to play. (Although personally, would be willing on a buy once basis.)

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
What I understand from discussions on Firefall's forums regarding steam, here's the two ways I could see Legions working.
1. Legions costs some small amount of money to buy the game, and no further costs are incurred.
2. Legions is Free to Play. In order for Steam to take the game on, something needs to become purchasable. (Like buying hats/weapons from the TF2 store.) Steam needs to stay afloat, so they need the game to be able to generate some form of cash flow in their direction, so they'd probably want the Devs to make the skins available for purchase (probably $1-$2). It's the way F2P games work on steam. There could be extra reticle packs, weapon skin packs etc. that will make it's way onto the steam marketplace, It would be the only way to get the game on and let it be free.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
What I understand from discussions on Firefall's forums regarding steam, here's the two ways I could see Legions working.
1. Legions costs some small amount of money to buy the game, and no further costs are incurred.
2. Legions is Free to Play. In order for Steam to take the game on, something needs to become purchasable. (Like buying hats/weapons from the TF2 store.) Steam needs to stay afloat, so they need the game to be able to generate some form of cash flow in their direction, so they'd probably want the Devs to make the skins available for purchase (probably $1-$2). It's the way F2P games work on steam. There could be extra reticle packs, weapon skin packs etc. that will make it's way onto the steam marketplace, It would be the only way to get the game on and let it be free.

Who knows, we're getting legions on steam so one would presume some kind of deal has been done with IAC but bugs has not elaborated yet on what has happened with them.

basically, we simply don't know. I think it is still going to be free, but the cosmetic items will depend on what kind of deal has been brokered.

Status
Not open for further replies.