My new super large mechanized armors.

I

IzRaPiDz

I don't think I'm going to be paying for a real dedicated server on a fat pipe. I will be just using my second computer as a home based dedicated test server.
My internet is by dish to town about 2 miles, and the upload has been about 150kb sec, and should be more than 1mb sec.. The guy told its low latency and fast, but its seems slow to me. I just hope I can do a test server for 6-8 players. Then people can run better servers for the mod if its good.
When legions is unlocked do you have to pay to host your own server? :O

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Uh.. How else do you think you get servers?

"Excuse me, can I borrow your multi-thousand dollar server with a direct pipe to the internet backbone without paying you any money ever?"

I

IzRaPiDz

Uh.. How else do you think you get servers?

"Excuse me, can I borrow your multi-thousand dollar server with a direct pipe to the internet backbone without paying you any money ever?"
Well can't you tell me nicely?, it's not hard just to tell me no. On instantaction we hosted our server free and thats what i thought.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I don't think I'm going to be paying for a real dedicated server on a fat pipe. I will be just using my second computer as a home based dedicated test server.
My internet is by dish to town about 2 miles, and the upload has been about 150kb sec, and should be more than 1mb sec.. The guy told its low latency and fast, but its seems slow to me. I just hope I can do a test server for 6-8 players. Then people can run better servers for the mod if its good.

you can't run a server for three people on a 150kbs upload, let alone 6-8.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Defiantly like the inclusion of the blood mod. Would be epic for a shatter of blood to guy halfway across the map after a MA.

Immanent

Does blood cause moar lag? (Sounds stupid, but I'm curious)

Pssst can you send me the skies for that picture above?

Immanent

The death effects for the big mech armor explosion I want could produce video lag. I will have fire with smoke on the debris. I'm also going to spawn a few random debris projectiles that will damage or kill players near by the explosion. I will also have death messages. player name was standing to close to an explosion. player name got to close to the action. We had this in tribes2, for vehicle explosions.
So yes there could be lag.

skypredator

Nice work! I like the new rocket launcher. Looks devastaty-ish. Sort of like a long-range mortar. Could you model a Gatling gun with 8 barrels instead of 4? ^_^ That would make my fricken life.

Double Chainguns. Dude. If I could only get that on an Outrider... o_o

...Whoops. I guess I had the same thought recur. :confused: -Tries to act like he meant to say that- Thanks for pointing that out Gheist xD

Armageddon

Teapot
When legions is unlocked do you have to pay to host your own server? :O
No.
You will be able to clickly click a few buttons and wham your server will be registered with the master server and available in the games list.
But your server won't be as good as a purchased server from a hosting company, your servers performance depends on your hardware and connection.