i never liked the way u could just recharge health wherever u r

but ok leave it in iffolks like it ...but please not at the enemy base

light offence just camps on the side of base, healths up, attack again

wait till u down health, camp on side of base, rinse and repeat

maybe make it that u cant recharge at the enemy base

thanks for listening :)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I agree, the health system needs a revamp.

Some things that I've seen suggested have been 'health kits' (usable items that restore some health), health regeneration (but more limited; ie: 50%).

What kinda repair system would the community like to see?

Unknown

Private Tester
I think that 'health kits' would be a fun idea to try instead of the health recharge. If we had health kits you would need to be a lot more responsible and smart about when you use them, rather than if you use the auto recharge, which is something that I would be interested in trying out.

57thRomance

Interesting. I don't think anyone else has pondered about this feature, as far as I know.
From what I can remember, when a capper takes the enemy flag, that capper can't regenerate health while holding the flag. And you can only get your health up by standing still.
Maybe one could utilize stations specifically for healing up at a faster rate, and I like the idea of not being able to recharge health at the enemy base, making it hard for noob campers to do their work. However, in terms of PUGs the LOs would have quite a hard time doing their job unless they're virtually untouchable.

Disci

Old man
However, in terms of PUGs the LOs would have quite a hard time doing their job unless they're virtually untouchable.

That's where you need to time with your cappers. You are not suppose to be there all the damn time. You go there and hide if you must and then right before capper comes in you unleash the hell. Same goes with e-grabs and flag returns. If you are still alive once capper is out you can rape those chasers from behind the old school way.

57thEnryu

How about just you have to be in your base to heal? field healing creates a sorta unfair advantage (as, u know, its your base, you should have the advantage)

Edit add: as a capper I never had the chance to use it anyway, by the time I got back to my base to pass off the flag I just suicided and respawned, so it dont make much difference to me, just putting in my thoughts.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Maybe its just me, but I've always been a fan of rechargeable health... I'd be fine with static health if packs, shields, and cores were implemented though... I personally don't see a problem with it, but others hate it, so idk... So long as there is a reasonable way to recharge, I'd be okay, but honestly I don't think it really matters... We aren't tracking kills/deaths [yet], so why would it matter? Honestly, I'd say that it would make things worse if you could insta-heal from a pack. Its just one of those things, I play defense a lot and its just more convenient to wait for a recharge than ctrl-k myself and go back to where I was. You could say that I could just use a health pack, but that would apply to cappers and duelers more anyways.

If anything, I'd think that it would be easier for some people to be annoying. Besides, those that are annoying can be dealt with swiftly with a rocket to the face.

i kinda like the idea that people could health up at the nme base using their stations...crafty

but as a dedicated HoF player since 98 having LO constantly recharging their health sux!

As we discussed in the old forums, (middle old, not old old), I'm for having player regen, but limited while out of your own base (or near one of your teams deployable repair stations)

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
but as a dedicated HoF player since 98 having LO constantly recharging their health sux!

This is what LD is for though. :rolleyes: Even if the LO is better, LD has the respawn advantage. Personally I like being able to heal up anywhere anytime. It's not fast enough that it effects a duel (often) but it's nice for after you win. LO is already die, respawn, fly to the enemy base, repeat for most people. And the second an LD gets hurt he'll just Ctrl + K and be insta-healed.

I'm not saying it can't or wont work, but I'm definitely less optimistic about it.

Mabeline

God-Tier
Health packs and kit drops are going to be tested. Health packs would replace health regeneration. Legions will probably require some arcade-y solutions (like all drops have a health kit in them) to keep it smooth, but that will be determined in testing.

Strife

What kinda repair system would the community like to see?

It would be interesting to see something like the Tribes repair pack used here. There are alot of interesting routes to take with healing/repairing functionality, though, especially in a game that does/has the potential to utilize deployables and base assets.

theGOAT

i think they are a good idea those health packs but i also dont see that much wrong the regenrating health just my opinion...

This is what LD is for though

lightd are usually busy fighting everyone else and dont really defend the HoF as legions doesnt really reward it like tribes did

so the HoF is usually left to his own devices

that + the fact the bas design gives camping spots that lightd have to lose position to get at....potentially lessening flag d

Strife

i think they are a good idea those health packs but i also dont see that much wrong the regenrating health just my opinion...

I imagine the problem is that they don't have to work to heal, i.e., a sniper camping a tower gets hit by another sniper and he can just hide out of LoS, heal up and then continue. Whereas if healing was exclusive to health packs, said sniper would have to go out and get one. That would apply to any camping scenario and would increase the effectiveness of camping/turtling significantly, which would end up hurting balance.

Additionally, unless there is a regeneration cutoff while jets are active, cappers could use this to heal while on long routes after being pinged by a sniper/chaser, making chasing even more difficult than it was (against good routes).

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
How about just you have to be in your base to heal? field healing creates a sorta unfair advantage (as, u know, its your base, you should have the advantage)

I like the idea of a "base heal". I really like the idea of this being a destructible structure that grants this regeneration to nearby players. Defensive players would be able to restore their health via the regeneration method (ie: as it is now), but the other teams offense could then target this healing structure, thereby crippling defense (until the structure is repaired).

Combining these permanent base structures with user deployables could make for some intense and dynamic battles.