Download Whiteout Update

Fixious

Test Lead
Not sure why some people are having that issue. Guess I'll take another look at what's being used there.

Jello

Contributor
It is, and I did not know you could get a map that smooth, skiing is now less irritating, and I didnt really think there was anything wrong with the map other than skiing(smoothing the terrain) but the new additions look nice also, no craters anywhere..Good Job on update :D, will be fun to play on the next upcoming update, whenever that is

Fixious

Test Lead
I suppose now is a good time to ask for suggestions, since the next update will include a new map (or two). If Whiteout needs any changes, post 'em here.

Also, can I finally just remove that back tower on Elegiac already, or lower it by half so people can't just sit up there with the flag? I'll flatten out the backs of Frostbyte as well, removing back-caps. I can also throw in Contingency's old Mirage update, which makes it considerably more viable than it currently is. While I'm at it, I'll block off those back entrances on each Forgotten base, eliminating those horrible front-to-backs that only prolong an otherwise unpleasant map.

A man can dream...

Jello

Contributor

These are my opinions

If Whiteout needs any changes, post 'em here.

No for me its fine the way it is

Also, can I finally just remove that back tower on Elegiac already, or lower it by half so people can't just sit up there with the flag?

Denied- They can be sometimes used to start some good routes.

I'll flatten out the backs of Frostbyte as well, removing back-caps.

As annoying as those back caps are, the hills are necessary for certain front/back routes...

While I'm at it, I'll block off those back entrances on each Forgotten base, eliminating those horrible front-to-backs that only prolong an otherwise unpleasant map.

Thank GOD, On another note what happened with Defender's new version of WinterMelt? I tried it out and he only changed the flag stand, its located here: WinterMelt Feedback

Fixious

Test Lead
What would you guys think if I moved the OOB grid back a bit? I wouldn't move the side OOB, just the back part. Maybe give LO another place to chill, or somewhere else to hold the flag during standoffs.

5GJ11hX.png

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Honestly, the clusterfucks that happens on the stand is the most entertaining thing about the map at least for me. Although the change would help LO heavily, I feel that backside wall already has enough hiding places if LO plays smart. However, I like the terrain being more open, so if the hiding places on the back wall were removed and it was just a simple wall (Keep the structure directly behind the flag the same) I think that would be the best change out of any.