Text field before player name in game?

FingeredChocolate

I was wondering if there was a way to put a separate text field before Player Name so that it would show up in game on a public server? This was brought up by Fixious in reply to another of my questions.
I don't really understand how the menus are built, but I could see a way of adding another text field before Player Name, which would have its own color value where you could enter clan tags.
I think that this is a very good idea, especially if we could have different colors.

If someone could tell me how this could be done I will play around with it.

Thanks in advance.

Defender

I made a simple mod for this, but it is a server-side admin mod.
Players create and use code names like (Kansss123) and the admin adds the code names to the server prefs to set their real name and server clan tag..
Just my opinion, The feature you want would need to be coded in client files and server-side, then added to the game by the Devs to get it working in the live servers.

Code:
$Host::Clan::Tag = "[V]"; // Clan tag for all players on this list.
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$Host::Clan::Name0 = "Defender"; // Real name to be used.
$Host::Clan::CodeName0 = "Kansss123"; // Code name, player uses for real name and tag to be assigned.

Last edited:

FingeredChocolate

I made a simple mod for this, but it is a server-side admin mod.
Players create and use code names like (Kansss123) and the admin adds the code names to the server prefs to set their real name and server clan tag..
Just my opinion, The feature you want would need to be coded in client files and server-side, then added to the game by the Devs to get it working in the live servers.
Thank you.