Question regarding modding Skins for models

I'm just wondering, outside of using the game itself, is there a free program (or at least a program) that can be used to attach the skins to a 3D model for viewing?
It's just I quite like to get perspective when I'm working on something, as some bits aren't easily visible, and I've found at the moment, the only (relatively) easy way to do it, is to find a player willing to help me, get them to "model" for me while I move around them taking screenshots.

All I really need is something that can make a 3D model according to the given files, attach the skin, and then allow me to rotate camera around it. (However, I suspect it's not quite that simple).

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
For other games, I use the XSI Mod Editor, though I don't think there's a way to import the models to from the file types used in Legions. Maybe there's some addon to it that'll allow it.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
yeah there is.. you need to get torque, theres a built in viewer there.. i believe somethign called blender you can get for free will work as well for viewing the models... Look up .DTS Viewer and you will find your answers.

heres what torque viewer looks like

Attachments

• torquenodes.jpg
    torquenodes.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 27

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
look up tutorials get familiar with the interface.. i have to as well it looks like the translucent/vibrant settings to dts models are applied in that program... just one more program i have to learn out of bazillion i know of now lol.