OUYA

Should this come to the ouya, or any other consoles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

great1_23

I think this game would skyrocket on the ouya with a small fee it would help keeping the servers up and running for a while the only thing you would need to do is make a android based client some button mapping and work out the bugs and im sure that many people would help pay for the programing on kick starter if this was promised to be released on the ouya

great1_23

Legions would not work on Ouya.

I don't see why they wouldn't with enough programing to get it running... witch is why I I said maing a client for android based devices (ouya is an android based device) some button mapping and working out the kinks...

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I don't see why they wouldn't with enough programing to get it running... witch is why I I said maing a client for android based devices (ouya is an android based device) some button mapping and working out the kinks...
Try playing with a controller, it's terribly difficult.

great1_23

Try playing with a controller, it's terribly difficult.

with the right connections you can plug in a keyboard and mouse... also that's why I said work out the kinks....

I kinda expected some negative feedback... but I didn't think from a community manager =/

Fixious

Test Lead
Hardware-aspects aside, legally this likely isn't an option for the dev team. They can't distribute Legions outside of this website (they don't own the game).

k e v i n

Private Tester
I think this game would skyrocket on the ouya with a small fee it would help keeping the servers up and running for a while the only thing you would need to do is make a android based client some button mapping and work out the bugs and im sure that many people would help pay for the programing on kick starter if this was promised to be released on the ouya
it's a nice idea, and it would be nice if legions expanded a lot more, but as fixious said, there are legal issues

read around the forums and you'll see what they're talking about

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Personally I'd love to see Legions on the Android platform. It has a large audience of existing users and may potentially explode with the Ouya (already on the market), Madcatz MOJO, Nvidia Shield, Google's rumoured system, and numerous other consoles that I've missed. So, yeah, I think there could be a huge potential for the platform, especially for smaller Indie projects.

As for playing Legions with a gamepad, I think it could happen. Tribes2 did the gamepad decently on the PS2, and I like to think with enough cleverness Legions could be controlled comfortably enough with a gamepad. Might not reach the same level as precision as the keyboard + mouse setup, but it could definitely be playable.

Legal issues, manpower and technical issues would be the main hurdles, though.

Anyhow, good suggestion, and Seymour definitely sees the logic behind it.