My summer vacation project...

Disci

Old man
So I went to see my parents during my vacation and spend a lot of time with them and my brother. One evening we decided to start this project to build me my first longboard. I've been skateboarding when I was younger like 25 years ago and then snowboarding from 1997 to 2005 untill I broke my knee. This time I don't think I'm going to do anything as extreme, but we will see. For now it's going to be for transportation only and not planing to learn tricks and such. I kinda like it. It's original and all the design is made by me. Work was made mainly by my brother as he has done couple longboards already. Art was done by my 6 years old nephew. :D Still missing trucks. :(

10985042_1595009277427456_1114954912845614271_n.jpg
11539781_1595009317427452_2117969233594130725_n.jpg
11692592_1595009667427417_6400160103090275099_n.jpg

Would be really interested trying this out, tho:

Last edited:

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Used to skateboard a lot when I was younger, never got into longboarding but I really dig it. It looks seriously cool, Disci!

Disci

Old man
Yah, I'm growing serious excitement towards this sport. Funny thing is that I've had no opportunity to test my own longboard yet. :) Gonna go check out local stores for trucks today. One of my client(74 years old woman) told me she has an old skateboard somewhere and will bring it to me so I can grab what ever I need from it. Ha ha. Thinking about building schlongboard. It's basically a normal skateboard where you just move the trucks a little further away and put on longboard wheels. :D

Doomsify

Idk if your local skateshop carrys them, but Independent makes some good longboard trucks. They turn great and last long. Ill link you the ones im talking about if interested.

Last edited:

Disci

Old man
Wow those are wide trucks. :) Been looking for 180mm(7") as my brother told me that's the one I should be looking for. Gonna check them out if there are at the local board store. Going there tomorrow and talk with them about the trucks in general and what they think would be aight for something I'm planing to do with them. Too bad the area I live at is pretty much flat so not much longer downhills over here.

I went to this skateboard shop yesterday and asked if they had any longboard trucks and this guy was pretty puzzled for a moment untill he found 2 sets of them which he thought would be for longboards. Those trucks didn't even have price tags on them and he had to ask his mate for the price. I understand that longboarding might not be the big thing here in Finland but if you sell longboard stuff at least know your stuff. :D

Doomsify

All my local board shops know everything about skate boards and longboards. if you ever need my help drop me a PM id be glad to help. But yeah those trucms are wide, but they turn and last super long

Doomsify

Longboard trucks dont really matter as long as they turn good and dont get speed wabble. Since your not grinding they will last a long time. Do you know what bearings youll get?

Disci

Old man
Pwerslide abec 5's. Not sure how good they are but atleast they are cheap and coming in a huge bag with plenty of them. :D

Disci

Old man
Yeah, we got those Bones Reds over here. Slightly more expensive than these. Apparently these aren't that bad either, but Reds are something everyone uses. I just get what I can for next to no extra money spend atm and then if I like it I will pour some more in to it. :D

Armageddon

Teapot
Love the design on the bottom.
I haven't touched a board since i broke my tail bone going off of a loading dock. Ass just can't take the pounding anymore. wink wink

Disci

Old man
I've been kicking around for a while now and it's nice and fast way to get around here. Would be nice to be able to slow down without jumping off the board.