Microsoft takes over Mojang

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, some crazy news that. Personally, I always thought EA would've purchased Mojang (then subequently sucking the life out of them). It'll be curious to see what MS does with the property, because if there was any gaming property that could have that worldwide brand recognition as Mario, it'd be Minecraft.

Fixious

Test Lead
As said elsewhere, they're sorta late to the Minecraft party. I'm sure they'll still make money off it in the future though. I sincerely doubt they'll put much focus on anything PC related though, and shift everything to their precious Xbone and other devices.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
As said elsewhere, they're sorta late to the Minecraft party. I'm sure they'll still make money off it in the future though. I sincerely doubt they'll put much focus on anything PC related though, and shift everything to their precious Xbone and other devices.
Notch personally made over 100m last year off of Minecraft. I think M$ is gonna do just fine with it.

Fixious

Test Lead
I guess.

I just lost interest in Minecraft several years ago. Was sorta fun while it lasted, but didn't get sucked in like everyone else. I'm gonna fire it up right now and see what's all new since the last time I played.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Seymour's kid is a big fan of Minecraft, but not really the vanilla Minecraft. There are a ton of mods for Minecraft (the one he's interested in makes it a Pokemon clone). I wonder if MS will clamp down on these types of mods, I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't be too pleased if a MS' owned property made a clone of one of their top properties.

The secret troll in Seymour keeps telling him that MS is going to relegate Mojang to work on a Windows phone mobile version of Minecraft, offering support to the various version of Minecraft for a short duration, and then have their other AAA studios (Lionhead or Rare) make a 'next generation Minecraft' for the Xbox platform. And then quietly merge the Mojang talent into one of their existing studios.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I just lost interest in Minecraft several years ago. Was sorta fun while it lasted, but didn't get sucked in like everyone else.

Exactly how I feel about it. I think some of the mods out there are good fun to play with friends in terms of drop in and drop out. Base Minecraft is still very boring quickly.