MA=Mid-Air Only?

57thEnryu

Soo, quite a few times in game I've hit a player dead on and killed them from a particulary long distance (I know that because they went from 30% hp to 0 instantly, where if I just came close to them they would still be alive). Problem is it didnt recored as an MA b/c the guy was virtually on the ground. Why is it that the feature showing the distance of the MA only works when the opponent is in the air. Can we add a feature that shows the distance of a direct hit in general please?

Armageddon

Teapot
I'd rather this be a script and not in the game itself, it would lead to a lot of cluttering messages. Just my opinion.

57thEnryu

There focus right now is custom loadouts, voting and then dedicated servers.. there trying get the meat and potatoes before they work on the side dishes.

1. custom loadouts?! omg, yes, release that soon plz, you have no idea how bad I want that.
2. by dedicated servers I hope you mean we can create our own servers.
3. potatos is a side dish, is it not?

Armageddon

Teapot
Never noticed this before. Needs switch clients team.
Code:
////////////////////////
// Admin Commands
////////////////////////

function adminLogin(%password)
{
    commandToServer('AdminLogin', %password);
}

function serverClientList( )
{
    commandToServer('ServerClientList');
}

function adminWarnClient(%client, %message)
{
    commandToServer('AdminWarnClient', %client, %message);
}

function adminKickClient(%client, %message)
{
    commandToServer('AdminKickClient', %client, %message);
}

function adminBanClient(%client, %message)
{
    commandToServer('AdminBanClient', %client, %message);
}

function adminChangeMission(%mission, %gametype, %tourney)
{
    commandToServer('AdminChangeMission', %mission, %gametype, %tourney);
}

function adminForceStart( )
{
    commandToServer('AdminForceStart');
}

function adminSetTimelimit(%time)
{
    commandToServer('AdminSetTimelimit', %time);
}

function adminSetJoinPass(%password)
{
    commandToServer('AdminSetJoinPass', %password);
}

MJ1284

Problem is it didnt recored as an MA b/c the guy was virtually on the ground. Why is it that the feature showing the distance of the MA only works when the opponent is in the air. Can we add a feature that shows the distance of a direct hit in general please?

Because MA = Mid-AIR?
Direct hit != Mid-Air

Reactions: A2

Homingun

I would rather that it recorded direct-hits than mid-airs considering direct-hits aren't that easy unless a players is standing still. It shouldn't be very hard to do.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Or just both...

Regardless though, I think the way the MA system works ATM is that the person is far enough away from the nearest object that they couldn't have been hit with splash damage. I've hit some people that were just above the ground and didn't get anything before, so this is my best guess for how it actually decides...

MJ1284

And there's also a bug if a person is standing right next to ledge so that player model is barely touching a ledge (ie. looks like he's standing in midair) and you hit him/her with rocket, that counts as MA although it shouldn't.

Arch

Legions Developer
And there's also a bug if a person is standing right next to ledge so that player model is barely touching a ledge (ie. looks like he's standing in midair) and you hit him/her with rocket, that counts as MA although it shouldn't.
Yeah, easy 1000m MA from base to base on Niv using that.