Guide to instant zoom

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Frankly this being so easy I'm not sure it needs a guide. But here goes anyways.

Introduction
Legions zoom is a tad bit annoying with its slow zooming especially with such a fast paced action it delivers. Thus it is handy to make the zooming instant. However when the zoom is changed to be instant the zoom sounds become more than annoying. This quide also shows you how to remove those sounds.

Instant Zoom
This step is easy enough. Go to "live/legions/preferences/" folder and open your "prefs.cs" file with notepad.
Find a line stating
Code:
$Pref:Player::ZoomSpeed = 350;
and change it to
Code:
$Pref:Player::ZoomSpeed = 1;
Now the zoom is instant.

Removing the Zoom sounds
First off you need to replace the old zoom sound files in the "live\legions\data\sound\player" with something a bit more silent.
You can obtain a set of totally quiet files here.
Once you have replaced the files you'll need to set the files read-only in the file preferences so that they cannot be overwritten by the launcher with the original files, otherwise you'll have to do this again.

-------

So there. I've managed to make a simple task look a bit more difficult but the lot of you should at least get it right now.

Revelation

I was previously messing around with the "ZoomFov" and after modifying those numbers I would get errors trying to join the game servers. This problem went away after changing numbers back to default values. Not sure if these problems are necessarily related.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Well I did change my third zoom stage to 5 and it gave me no errors what so ever. Anyhow I removed that part just to be safe for the time being.