Guide to Being Effective

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Back Story: The guide you see here is the 4th try. After many attempts, scraps, rewrites, changes, edits, death of computer, and 7 months got me here. I am quite proud of this guide. I also had a whole other section dedicated to map bases, Alpha and Beta, that showed LO hiding spots, common cap routes (many front arrows :p), and spots that were common/good for HoFs and Chase.

Heres a sneak peak at what I never got done with: http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5827/frostbytebeta.png
-Arrows: Caps
-Blue Boxes: LO hiding spots
-Green Boxes: HoF Spots
-Red Boxes: Chase Spots

Not only that, I was thinking of creating a few paragraphs on how each position was to work together to achieve success, but as many have said: most of this is picked up as you play. This guide is for those who will eventually be new. I doubt this will get stickied (I WOULD LIKE IT TO THOUGH). if it does, ill expand the guide as much as I can. The word limit is a *Lovely Lady* to work around. :D

I want to thank all of you who read, or at least skimmed the guide. As I said, I am quite proud of it, and hope it has actually helped.

-ContingencyPl4n

Alex

LOL I've been a sweeper all my legions life and i had no idea

..also vote this for sticky??

Esuke-L

Pl4n, You should be proud of yourself for this, a very good guide, I look forward to expansions & support this as a possible stickie.

Been a Chaser/SaH Hybrid for the later part of my Legions Life apparently =)

Nice post Cont. I'll read this later.

But I would like a tl;dr section (cough section 5 cough) because I have the attention span of a gnat.

Novaz

By far the best guide I've read for any game. Write a short picture-book for playing Legions =).

Buhlitz

I think adaptability is the only thing more important than awareness. Being aware of a situation does you no good unless you can adapt accordingly. If you have players that are well rounded and can adapt on the fly, it's usually best to give vague outlines to their duties as opposed to detailed and specific positions. An example would be to send 4 people offense, with all 4 of those people understanding their job is to cap the enemy flag as a unit and to do it in which ever way suits them bast at the time. Maybe 3 go to clear, maybe none clear, maybe all 4 clear and just llama etc. Same thing applies to defense, and as I'm sure many of you know there are numerous times within each game where you cannot play your position because of the enemy teams structure or any other extenuating circumstances.

Bottom line, it's important to know your role, but even more important to know how to change roles when it's called for.