entity libraries

ExtremeKiwi

I have been muddling in the "in game" map maker and have found it difficult to start a new map... it seems as though you have to delete everything on the map. Is their an easy way to start with a flat map with nothing on it? I should probably just save a copy once I do that... what maps represent the different sizes of maps available (i.e. what are the three sizes of maps and what maps have those sizes). Do you think anyone would benefit in me posting such maps?

Also... the seems to be a great deal of entities available for use... I would like to make a "library" of said entities. Or have a map in which one can go on that has every single entity in a grid pattern. The map would come with an image that one could look at to find out what entity is what.

Can you think of an easy way to accomplish the above statement? Is it a 'grain of salt' (too difficult)... is their an easier way for one to see what models are available? And if I accomplish such a feat... would the community benefit from me posting it?

Thank you for your time.

postscriptum: is it possible to disable the player option in the mapmaker... for some reason I can't seem to stay on the camera mode :(

Jello

Contributor
I have been muddling in the "in game" map maker and have found it difficult to start a new map... it seems as though you have to delete everything on the map.

Not necessarily, you can just move everything to the top. just select everything and drag it above the map or anywhere you'd like for that matter (thats what I do, makes it easier for me to work with the terrain when editing it).

Legions 2014-04-20 01-07-29-45.png

Is their an easy way to start with a flat map with nothing on it? I should probably just save a copy once I do that

Yes, go into Terrain Terraform Editor and set the Min Terrain Height 0(zero), and the Height Range to 0(zero), whole map will become flat, but starting with a flat map can be a little difficult, fbmFractal helps you out a lot or anything from the list of operations they give you can help you out. And you should save anything/everything when you're editing a map, no matter how big or how little the change is.

what maps represent the different sizes of maps available (i.e. what are the three sizes of maps and what maps have those sizes).

As far as I know you can set the map to any square size you want. but you will come across a problem, the terrain will look weird...The square sizes legions use are 8 and 16. These are the maps that use size 16, Zenith Cauldron, Blade Run, TheCore, Shoreline, Qualm, Mirage, Grassy, Forgotten, Fallout,the rest use size 8.

Do you think anyone would benefit in me posting such maps?

Truthful answer: No. No one pays attention to maps that have been put up in the "Custom Maps" thread unless they're entered in the Map Competition. 1% if you're lucky 2% of the people will try the maps that are put on here...literally

postscriptum: is it possible to disable the player option in the mapmaker

Fixious or Poponfu would know more about that.

for some reason I can't seem to stay on the camera mode

Once you enter Editor you should already be in Camera mode, and if you spawn you have 2 options either 1: Go to "Camera" and select "Drop Camera At Player" and you can move from there or 2: Respawn and press F11...just try not pressing space bar, and try not to left click and right click at same time.

is their an easier way for one to see what models are available?

No, not unless you click them 1 by 1 (that'd be nice to have in legions though)

This is as far as I know about the map editor and making a map, someone else might have different suggestions/solutions to what you're looking for. and assuming you have not already browsed through the forums this should help: Map Editor is now public. Basic instructions inside. or Map Editor: Video With Sound (part 4 was never finished, but video there should help).

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
it seems as though you have to delete everything on the map. Is their an easy way to start with a flat map with nothing on it?

Unfortunately no. There's a 'new mission' function that should create a new flat map but it doesn't work. I have attached flat version of 8 and 16 maps, if it helps. They have 2 flags and spawns for each team.

You can also see a relatively quick method of doing it yourself here: http://www.twitch.tv/fixouslo/c/4098468

what maps represent the different sizes of maps available

There are 2 map sizes, 8 and 16.

8: Frostbyte, Elegiac, Nivosus, Moonshine, Gorge, Genesis, OTtn, Outcast, Reactor, Sleepwalker, Stygian, Whiteout, WinterMelt.
16: BladeRun, Fallout, Forgotten, Grassy, Mirage, Qualm, Shoreline, ZenithCauldron.

is it possible to disable the player option in the mapmaker... for some reason I can't seem to stay on the camera mode

If you press Left Shift (downjet), it'll put you into the game for some reason. Just avoid pressing that if you can.

Attachments

• Flat_Map.zip
    124.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Defender

I am going to make some more new interiors for us mappers to use, But to make them look the nicest in-game, I need someone to convert some of this to .png and convert the diffuse textures, etc. I don't need all them converted, just the ones I use.. They still look good as is, but it would be nice to have more shiny structures in this game.. If you need help with anything, just ask...

They wont work with .jpg , you need an alpha channel for normal map... you also need an alpha channel on your diffuse texture if you want it to have anything but one solid plastic looking spectacular highlight across the whole thing. That specular info goes in the alpha channel of the diffuse texture.

Also you need to convert your normal maps to the 'orange' kind if you want them to look right from all angles using this process:

( he gets to the point at like 40 seconds )

http://www.philipk.net/

TEXTURES
Texture sets for download

» PK02 - Source version
» PK02 - id Tech 4/.TGA version

» PK01 - Source version
» PK01 - id Tech 4/.TGA version

PK01, PK02 and Ancient Collection Texture packages by Philip Klevestav are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

Last edited: