Long Term Stats [Mod Development Journal]

skypredator

I see. And subsections? Hope you have subsections for easier eye tracking. Also, are you planning on creating a site for everyone to compare their stats? That'd be cool.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I see. And subsections? Hope you have subsections for easier eye tracking. Also, are you planning on creating a site for everyone to compare their stats? That'd be cool.
lol don't count on it. IF server-based things happen, it'll be a long way out and won't be any time soon.

skypredator

Meh. What about a server that collects and sends the information from the .kpe and posted it on the interwebz? Either way, that's a big if. Grr. I'm frustrated with the lack of community-wide statsboards.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
If you keep complaining about features you won't be getting soon, I could always make it so that it crashes your game specifically ;)

EDIT: better yet, you could decompile our code and crack the .kpe format and make your own mod that would upload it to a server and do all the programming yourself. Actually... isn't decompilation illegal if you aren't the author?

skypredator

That would actually be a great way to troll someone. Not that we want any more trolls. =P

I could do that. Rather, I wasn't suggesting that YOU specifically do it. It was just an idea. Might take some time, though, since I really haven't got too much extra free time on my hands anymore.

I'm not sure if it's illegal, but even still, I'd have your direct permission. I figure it'd be alright then.

Edit: Crap. My programming skills have atrophied. Fantastic. This might take longer than I expected. >_>
Hmm... I'm thinking about an .exe that will read the .kpe, then submit the data to a server (statistics board). Here goes.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In all seriousness, don't decompile it. If you ever learn how to make a thing in torque that uploads data to a server and do the programming server-side, I'd gladly copy your code into the mod.

I guess the mod could call a .exe to run whenever a game ends and the saving process finishes, thus uploading that game's data.

Btw, I improved a few parts of your post ;)

Will take a lot of time, though....

I'm not sure if it's illegal, but even still, I might have your direct permission...
Edit: Crap. My programming skills have atrophied. Fantastic. This might take longer than I expected, but not longer than Volt expected.... >_>
Hmm... I'm thinking about an .exe that will read the .kpe, then submit the data to a server (statistics board) which someone will also have to program. Here goes.

skypredator

Hey, these are just suggestions. ;P Mmmhm. I'll have to mess around with Torque a bit then and see what I can get.

Alrighty, I won't. Sorry - your post came off as if you'd be okay with me dissecting it. Guess not. I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product. :D Goodnight.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
lol I'm not about to go giving out my key to people, nor do I want them decompiling this, particularly because I might end up working on this with some of my professors to develop some new encryption scheme or something...

And I understand your desire to have a server-side component. I'd like it to, but it's a ways down the road, particularly because I am one of the crappiest web developers on the planet. I barely known HTML and CSS. Barely. Any website created by me will be crap. So if you want to do all that once we get the main release done, by all means, go for it. But I'm not doing it any time soon, especially since after this week, I'm going to be working like mad to work on a CS project which is worth a hefty chunk of my grade in that class and will require a lot of work by myself and my teammates. At this point, we don't even know who's doing which components of the project exactly, so... :confused:

Best case scenario (although wildly uncertain), you'll see server support spring of next year. Hopefully the base version will be out by the end of this year.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Demanding Sneak Pics!!
Untitled-1.gif

Sneaky Sneaky.

(200th post)

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I updated the OP as I just released V 1.773 to the other coders. I also changed a few things in the OP ;)

EDIT: no comments yet on the new things in the OP yet?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
@Royalty: yes

@Piggeh: They will also be such unless they make it into the beta, which reminds me, I'm going to be opening up applications for that soon...