Galcon and AoA are still alive!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Anyone got any news on rokkitball, I really wish IAC dont be idiots, they should release it again somehow, it had potential and certainly a one off game

Rokkitball was pretty much in the same situation as legions here. It just doesn't have anyone behind it, or the community to support it as legions does.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Remember Villagers and Heroes, the unreleased Mad Otter game for IA? Apparently it's back under a new name. Just got a alpha/beta invite. Screeny:

http://i.imgur.com/2rHZ0.png

"A Mystical Land" BeefThief and I have jumped in the closed beta again (seems it's been going for about 3 month now) and it's actually worse than when we left it in the Alpha. There's more content and there are zones, but in general some of the things they added to "balance" the game have made it worse. They've also taken away towns/villages to be added again later. I blame Neonga.

LjuboM

hmm.
you can't say that GALCON IS STILL ALIVE...
galcon is older then IA and it was always on galcon.com site.
you speak like galcon is formaly from IA.
IA galcon died but old galcon is still where it was(nowadays it is galcon fusion)

fuzzykittenhead

I'm sure there are many developers that have just come out of college looking for jobs. If a shrewd investor, investment group or band of indie devs come along and pick up RB, then it's bound to be a hit, maybe even on console games.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Where the hell is REV. Gimme

That's a good question. I find it kinda hard to believe that they just left it for dead with IA. Weren't they almost done with it?

Though technically, I have no idea what Dev team was behind Rev.

FrySauce

Rokkitball was pretty much in the same situation as legions here. It just doesn't have anyone behind it, or the community to support it as legions does.

While true there is one EXTREMELY important distinction. The community got the Legions source code/IP, IAC has the RB IP. Even if we did have the community to do it, we cannot revive RB :(.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
While true there is one EXTREMELY important distinction. The community got the Legions source code/IP, IAC has the RB IP. Even if we did have the community to do it, we cannot revive RB :(.

The "community" didn't get crap. The devs who were already working on legions got the legions IP.

Technically they didn't even get the IP either. They were simply allowed to continue working on it with some sort of contract. Unless something changed in the past few months.

fuzzykittenhead

The "community" didn't get crap. The devs who were already working on legions got the legions IP.

Technically they didn't even get the IP either. They were simply allowed to continue working on it with some sort of contract. Unless something changed in the past few months.

Devs were given the licensing rights to the game. The fact that IAC plans on financially supporting the game when completed is unclear, and I personally don't care.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_Empire:_Legions
http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/11/30/fallen-empire-legions-to-be-revived-as-legions-overdrive/

h2odragon

How I miss the old days, where all the games were still on the same site. A good community behind it and awesome people behind each game. Although I miss Rokkitball a lot and would gladly play it IF it ever returns, I am glad to see most of all the other games are doing good. Maybe you'll see me jump in one of the Legions games soon, been a while after all.