Legions Wiki

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Hey Charmie,

This is a laudable idea! I work with wikis a lot in my day job, and I've come to really appreciate how helpful they can be.

A few pointers to remember when you're working on your wiki:
  1. Never use the personal pronoun 'I', and use 'You' sparingly. Ideally, wikis should be written collectively, and the writing should reflect this. Thus, instead of saying "In this page, I would tell you some skills to help you master Legions," you might say, "This page provides on overview of various Legions techniques, roughly ordered by level of difficulty." Notice that in the example, who wrote the page is never mentioned.
  2. A Glossary of Terms would be an excellent addition. You use a lot of terminology -- "capper," "chaser," and so forth -- without defining those terms. On a wiki, each of those terms should be a link to a separate page explaining what those terms mean.
  3. Encourage others to contribute to your wiki. Aggregating all the information about a game -- even one as simple and straightforward as Legions -- is often too much for any one person. The more people that can work on the wiki, the better!
Best of luck, Charmie!

Immanent

DON'T FORGET TO MENTION THAT IT'S FREE!11111111.

Make sure you underline that part and over emphasize it ^,^.
No but seriously, it would actually stand a better chance of making other people curious as potential gamers are aware that they will not have to pay for it (hopefully).

Just my 2 cents.

BestCharmie

Hey Charmie,

This is a laudable idea! I work with wikis a lot in my day job, and I've come to really appreciate how helpful they can be.

A few pointers to remember when you're working on your wiki:
  1. Never use the personal pronoun 'I', and use 'You' sparingly. Ideally, wikis should be written collectively, and the writing should reflect this. Thus, instead of saying "In this page, I would tell you some skills to help you master Legions," you might say, "This page provides on overview of various Legions techniques, roughly ordered by level of difficulty." Notice that in the example, who wrote the page is never mentioned.
  2. A Glossary of Terms would be an excellent addition. You use a lot of terminology -- "capper," "chaser," and so forth -- without defining those terms. On a wiki, each of those terms should be a link to a separate page explaining what those terms mean.
  3. Encourage others to contribute to your wiki. Aggregating all the information about a game -- even one as simple and straightforward as Legions -- is often too much for any one person. The more people that can work on the wiki, the better!
Best of luck, Charmie!

Thanks!
Okay, for the pointers you gave me:

1. I never do...I say either [classname], the [certain position]. Like that! :D And I mostly don't write my name... -.-..Well I used to, but I stopped.
2. Yea, great idea. I'll add that. (Probably a "Glossary" page?)
3. Erm... I'll try! :D But if bad people were to edit...that's a huge mistake. Probably I'll save the wiki or something?...wait...Yea, theres a version change thing. Anyway, I'll try.

Thanks! :D

One of these already exists with some content, it might make more sense to update and add things to that one then create a whole new one. On the other hand, that one is a lot prettier.

http://legions.archetypestudios.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

By "that one" is it mine?..wait..It's mine (-.-).
Yea, well It's good to have 2 wikis incase some info is wrong, you could ask the other wiki owner if you can "get" it.

DON'T FORGET TO MENTION THAT IT'S FREE!11111111.

Make sure you underline that part and over emphasize it ^,^.
No but seriously, it would actually stand a better chance of making other people curious as potential gamers are aware that they will not have to pay for it (hopefully).

Just my 2 cents.

Yea, I forgot to add that. Thanks.

Update: Terminology page released, please help here.
Update: Timeline & History page released, thanks fellow wiki. If there are missing stuff, please don't hesitate to edit.

Immanent

Coming along very nicely Charmie! However:
1) "The game no longer supports Mac OS X", it should say: The game no longer supports Mac OS X yet...
2) You could possibly upload/put links on the wiki to the skill montages by our community for further viewing I guess

BestCharmie

Yea. I'm fixing #1. Also, you got some wrong syntax. It's supposed to be: The game doesn't support Mac OS X yet. But who knows? Maybe the devs do.

And for #2, yea probably an "Old Skill Videos", old meaning from FE:L not L:O.

Thanks for your contributions! :D

Armageddon

Teapot
^ Must have player descriptions, best part of the wiki :)

Armageddon

Veteran Tribes 1 Player & Modification Creator Turned Devout Legions Player.
Has a Mohawk and his wife is a MILF who posted her tits in the pictures thread. Seriously.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Poor Seymour, he wrote a lot of the player descriptions on there, but nobody ever wrote one for him. (And it'd be hella lame for Seymour to write his own.)

eeyore6.jpg

BestCharmie

OMG. I'm just a..
Capable reticle maker

Yay? :U

LOL!

Chi-Ro: A cool guy who bears the burden of moderating IA Aces of Aces-forums. Has an attractive virgin sister.

DjFaith: Not actually a DJ.

JF_097: Noted for kicking Raider *bumm* using Outrider. Also noted for circling around his enemies and shooting them from behind. Amateur sig maker.

OMG..YOU FORGOT ST3LTH. NUBZ.