Your Mouse Speed

Mabeline

God-Tier
cm/360 dpi? how can you measure that? centimeters per dots per inch?
DPI is a measurement of density, that doesn't even make sense. I (rather obviously) meant cm you move your mouse per full turn ingame. Whenever you see 360 you can pretty safely assume it has to do with circles!

LindN

DPI is a measurement of density, that doesn't even make sense. I (rather obviously) meant cm you move your mouse per full turn ingame. Whenever you see 360 you can pretty safely assume it has to do with circles!
DPI in mouse terms is not a measurement of density but how many updates the laser/optical sensor makes per inch. more DPI increases the speed of your mouse.

DPI is listed on most gaming mouses ranging anywhere between 400-5040 (or whatever the new top is)

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
DPI in mouse terms is not a measurement of density but how many updates the laser/optical sensor makes per inch. more DPI increases the speed of your mouse.

DPI is listed on most gaming mouses ranging anywhere between 400-5040 (or whatever the new top is)
DPI (Dots per inch) is a measure of density though. The measurement mice are rated on is a measure of how much information they can collect within a specified length = density. The more DPI your mouse can "sense" the more "sensitive" it is to movement.

Mabel was saying that a measurement like cm/(dots/inch) didn't make much sense.

Propkid

BUMP! (because I'm so awesome and FPS threads aren't fun)
Improved mine from 3cm/360 to 2cm/360 ever since my last post. Don't think I'll go any further.