Xbox One

Pure

I still don't get why people keep buying consoles now shits' getting more and more expensive and you can get a solid pc for that kind of money, screw sony and microsoft.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I'm really hoping they improve the free Xbox live service. Having to pay a subscription fee (Live Gold) just to access Netflix (along with the majority of their other apps) has been a thorn in my side.

One thing that I do not like, is the mandatory use of a camera looking at me in my livingroom. So much Big Brother creepiness there.

Oh, another thing that I don't like is the lack of a user replacable 500gb HDD. Apparently adding external storage is super easy and acts just like the onboard HDD, but I'd much prefer to be able to upgrade the internal HDD to maintain a cleaner looking profile.

As for the console itself, I like it. The two tone design appeals to me and I think it'd look fine sitting on a media shelf. The integration of smart glass is a really good idea, and I'd much prefer to use a tablet instead of a small touchpad on the gamepad (ala PS4).

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to E3 to see what kind of games to expect from this box as well.

Application-1

test bester
THEY'RE the ones killing true gaming.
No thoughts like that is what is horrible. Thoughts as true gaming doesnt exist. Play the game you like and enjoy them, there is nothing more to it.

Console companies are just realising games are better on the computer and so they are moving on to a broader audience. Oh wait computers also do all these things much better. Consoles are pc wannabes and are extremely limited. Just a lot of people that dont realise you can hook up your pc to their big tv screen downstairs I guess.

JCARTEL

Private Tester
I'm waiting for this personally... (AKA. next "Kinect-like" gimmick)
Won't be out for launch... but has been verified, it is coming.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I'm really hoping they improve the free Xbox live service. Having to pay a subscription fee (Live Gold) just to access Netflix (along with the majority of their other apps) has been a thorn in my side.
It has Premium Xbox Live (Gold/Silver) that you'll have to pay for, not sure if you need to get Gold to access Netflix, etc.

One thing that I do not like, is the mandatory use of a camera looking at me in my livingroom. So much Big Brother creepiness there.
This is super odd. Especially because if your Kinect breaks, you have to buy a new one to use the System.

The thing that is the worst for me, the paying a premium to play used games or games you own on another profile on the same system as well as the fact that your system isn't always online but it has to be and check in once a day in order to play single player games. (Not sure if it's once per game per day or if it's just once a day)

Either way, I will definitely be getting a PS4, will be getting a WiiU when Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart or Legend of Zelda comes out for it and I will not be getting an X1 unless some super awesome games are announced at E3.

57thEnryu

yeah, the Illumiroom is what Im really looking forward to in the system, only reason I would buy it tho is for racing games/Madden, I would never play a fps on it simply because a mouse is so much more accurate. Tho I would buy one.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
So DRM to the max? I really don't understand this business model as even in this day and age not all people have a stable internet connection.

Fixious

Test Lead
I was moderately interested in the next Xbox until I read about the reveal. Think I'll stick to my laptop and Legions.

Royalty

The Aussie
I'm going to get the Xbox One for one reason, and only one. (don't be hating on the repetition)

Halo.

I'm also looking forward to Destiny, but that is on both Xbox One and the PS4.

All the ventilation is good news. The design looks fine to me (the two tone is a tad funny but serves a purpose). I don't think you need the kinetic to face you or anything, it's not mounted. Strange if you will have to have it connected just to play your games, though. I don't think this will be the case come launch. It's not something I would personally use for other than the camera with Skype (maybe). I think the TV stuff is pretty cool and people are overreacting. Shutting down the used retail market sucks for the community and might be the biggest falling point along with backwards compatibility, but it's a step I saw coming. I'm more surprised that the PS4 isn't doing this, which I think might give it an edge in the market.

I wouldn't be getting it no matter how nice it was, but I'm really surprised at how much backlash it's been getting from everything except the last point I made. I'm excited that this will bring better games across all platforms, including PC. Whatever Microsoft has in store for E3, it can only be good for the Xbox now.

I still don't get why people keep buying consoles now shits' getting more and more expensive and you can get a solid pc for that kind of money, screw sony and microsoft.

I haven't heard anything about the price point except for that it will probably still be cheaper than the PS3 (proabably $400-500, which you couldn't get a solid gaming PC for that could run the same stuff at the same quality). People like simplicity and computers are not simple. This is a game machine so you put the disc in. Gaming on the computer can get very complicated.

So DRM to the max? I really don't understand this business model as even in this day and age not all people have a stable internet connection.

It doesn't have "DRM to the max". I read something about it having to connect to the internet once every day, but that's probably the most DRM it would have.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
It doesn't have "DRM to the max". I read something about it having to connect to the internet once every day, but that's probably the most DRM it would have.

Once a day is enough. I don't believe in these "countermeasures" to privacy. Main reason I don't have Origin installed, and the best way to show companies that these policies are bullshit is buy not buying their products.

The sooner they realise if they produce quality products, people will buy. This new Xbox does not look like quality to me.

Fixious

Test Lead
The only time I ever fired up my Xbox after I got this laptop was when the internet went out and I wanted to play a game. I mainly use my laptop for online gaming and browsing, so when the internet goes out it turns into a useless brick most of the time. With X1 now requiring an internet connection to start a game (supposedly), that sorta takes away any reason to fire it up. I mean, I didn't have any plans to get any console to begin with, but this is just another reason not to.

Once a day is enough. I don't believe in these "countermeasures" to privacy. Main reason I don't have Origin installed, and the best way to show companies that these policies are bullshit is buy not buying their products.

The sooner they realise if they produce quality products, people will buy. This new Xbox does not look like quality to me.

The big issue with DRM is when you have to be connected to the internet all the time. The majority of people with internet get drops and it puts so much stress on game servers that it just doesn't work out for them with games like SimCity and Diablo 3. What I'd assume, if th Xbox One will require this, that the Xbox will auto-connect itself to your internet once a day without you even noticing to validate your licenses. This seems like a decet way to approach DRM and is very fair for most of Xbox's consumers.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I was wondering why thay be forcing the kinect... It's like a big shovel! For them to make their own grave in console markets with!

Reactions: Vox

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The big issue with DRM is when you have to be connected to the internet all the time. The majority of people with internet get drops and it puts so much stress on game servers that it just doesn't work out for them with games like SimCity and Diablo 3. What I'd assume, if th Xbox One will require this, that the Xbox will auto-connect itself to your internet once a day without you even noticing to validate your licenses. This seems like a decet way to approach DRM and is very fair for most of Xbox's consumers.

I just believe you shouldn't be forced to connect to their game servers to play your game. Regardless of how much or how little they do it. Oh wait, you're really only essentially renting the game from them.

Reactions: Vox