Windows 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Stubbsy, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Stubbsy

Stubbsy Contributor

Who's got it? I've got it and I must say I really do like it.

There's still a lot of bugs but they are updating (I think) as they go along, and they recommend not to overwrite your previous OS just yet. I have anyway.

You can download Technical Preview FREE from the official Microsoft website.
    New Windows 10.png

Download - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

2. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

I like it but the sucky thing is you can't revert back to your previous OS

3. WildFire

WildFire Warrior of Linux

It's not hard. Just reinstall it the same way you install the technical preview of 10. You'll have to reinstall programs and such if you didn't back them up separately but it's not hard to do.

4. KrO

KrO Member

i m working with XP, the best OS

5. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  6. Stubbsy

Stubbsy Contributor

7. vincismurf

vincismurf Legions Developer

Still waiting for official upgrade july 29th.

I hear the performance is a lot better for most games though, so can't wait.

8. WildFire

Despite all the rave reviews for 10, inevitably I'll get annoyed at it. Check back here later to see how much I hate it.

9. Dabbleh

Dabbleh Legions Developer

As much as I hate Windows, I still use it. :(
    Yea, I'll be grabbing that free upgrade on release.

tree and Stubbsy like this.
  10. k e v i n

k e v i n Private Tester

So did most of you guys get the free upgrade? I haven't done so yet, but you guys like it?

11. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

Yar, picked it up a couple of days ago. No complaints so far, and haven't run into any issues with my games.

12. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

It's okay. Don't really like how blindingly white the top of each app is, and I really don't feel like downloading a hack to make it look better. I suppose over time I'll get used to it. No real use for a lot of the things in the start menu so I removed a bunch of those, as well as Cortana. I find the taskbar icons to be a bit too small for my liking. There's apparently a program you can download to resolve this but it doesn't bother me that much.

13. Hmm, how did you make it blue? Mine's black.

14. GReaper

GReaper Grumpy

Upgraded my gaming desktop, the update process went well with no problems at all.

My opinion on Windows 10 - it's fairly average, none of the new features are that appealing. I don't care about preference syncing so I'm sticking with a local account. The live tiles seem pointless and annoying, so I've disabled them. I wouldn't use Edge, I don't browse sites on my desktop (I do on the laptop), but there's no extensions for it anyway.

At least it's a free upgrade.

Jordahan likes this.
  15. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Yeah the upgrade process was smooth.

16. Hallo everyone,I downloaded windows 10 but dont know if is better than 7 or xp.
    Please somebody tell which is the best logismic.

17. moronval

moronval Private Tester

I'm only here because I might as well be. I liked 7 so I hope 10 will fill the void

Doomsify likes this.
  18. Dabbleh

Dabbleh Legions Developer

What about speed?

19. WildFire

But what about that sweet 1080p netflix?

20. Dino

Dino Member

Upgraded to Win 10, found out my res in cs:go had now got black bars. So I went back to 8.1
    With 2,000 hours with no black bars, going straight to black bars is horrible.