Why do people like certain maps over other maps?

MightySheep

I like maps with big speed and plenty of routes

also when the flag is in a location which you can collect at high speed using cool trix

Esuke-L

I've been able to find many diff types of routes on pretty much all the maps, (not always ones that can be used repeatedly in a row though so semi mutes the point) though thats cos I spend time tryna make new ones, sticking to the same routes is what makes it boring and reguardless of mapsize/landmarks/whatever eventually u'll end up using a selection of the same routes all the time if you dont try to vary and make up new ones.

I prefer larger maps like zenith which I think couples the whole landmark thing (for a little variety) with smoothness of the map ground itself & is open to better interpretation because of it, obviously easier to see routes (in terms of colour of the landscape) are..well..easier, but being able to navigate routes on harder to see maps like quarry (ok lets be honest, not the best cappin map) or core can make for a better skiier/make you look at other maps differently when you're not able to stick to your planned out route.

Landmarks aren't really the only thing that can keep u knowin where u are on a map though..if in doubt use the compass.

& to be honest high speeds can be reached on any of the maps, it's how the games designed, I think we're being too picky and wanting everything laid out simply for us, probably why frost is loved so much. IMO there's like 4 maybe 5 routes most ppl will take on frost, and a couple of them just end up havin the same approach on the flag before grab anyway.

Think one problem with how people are looking at this question btw is we're all thinkin of the maps on a ctf basis; not the only game mode people. DM wouldn't be so gd if the whole of a map was route orientated, DM doesn't have to take place in a fixed place on a map.

Xothermic

I liked the maps that run smoothly for me eg:snow and desert maps, but Quarry is laggy like crap. I like 'em better when there're lots of hills and slopes where you can gain speed(and height).