What is your opinion on SOPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellzHere

I'm against Sopa because I won't be able to watch free movies anymore!!!!!

Isnt that one of the main points sopa/piracy act is trying to stop. I mean I watch/download shows and movies for free, so did a lot of others. But we can honestly say we knew something was coming to stop that. I am against sopa, but what they are trying to stop is somewhat understandable, but they have gone about it the wrong way. Yes sopa will die, but another bill will happen that again attempts to stop piracy, and who knows that bill might be the one that also doesnt screw up the world and will pass.

Skutki

but another bill will happen that again attempts to stop piracy
ACTA. And it will screw up the world cos it doesnt harm companies such as megavideo and all those that opposed SOPA so there will be no big opposition to it and it will pass... ;/

ocarina_boy

The day after they tried to pass SOPA, the American Government shut down megaupload. Do you understand what this means folks? It means they have the power to do whatever they want anyway, they just tried to make it official and rosey with the bill. It's not about online piracy, that's just the cover story. The real reason is they want to control and regulate everything about our lives.

Libra

Not our lives more so the information we come across from day to day, knowledge is power if you stop the spread of knowledge you stop the spread of power. We shouldn't be worried about SOPA we should be worried more about ACTA that is SOPA and PIPA combined but on a global level

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Jennifer Granholm (Co-Author of 'A Governor's Story') Quote Against SOPA About Piracy: "They need to deal with this, I think, with a scalpel and not with an axe."
-------------
Copied and pasted from my facebook status 1-week ago.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
The day after they tried to pass SOPA, the American Government shut down megaupload. Do you understand what this means folks? It means they have the power to do whatever they want anyway, they just tried to make it official and rosey with the bill. It's not about online piracy, that's just the cover story. The real reason is they want to control and regulate everything about our lives.

Just wanted to address this point with an article I read, because it was something that I thought about when I first read the news about Megaupload. Well, maybe not the 'control/regulate/big brother' aspect, but the whole 'Is SOPA needed if the US is able to arrest overseas software pirates?'. Anyhow, interesting read.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...hut-down-megaupload-why-do-they-need-sopa.ars

Status
Not open for further replies.