Ways to speed up your PC (Without Buying Stuff.... I think)

Fixious

Test Lead
Be very careful when messing with services. Before you do any of this I'd recommend backing up your registry and creating a restore point.

Propkid

Be very careful when messing with services. Before you do any of this I'd recommend backing up your registry and creating a restore point.
That. I wouldn't mess with services at all.

Also, it's possible (and it's very easy) to mess up some of your programs if you disable the startups. I #danced up# (where is the apostrophe on the finnish keyboard? o.0) my Google Chrome by disabling all of the Google background programs, had to reinstall.

28. Speed up boot time by disabling unused ports on your Windows machine.
Don't complain if you will have trouble hosting your own Legions games after you do this :p

86. A more extreme option is to choose a faster operating system. If you find Vista to be slow, go with Windows XP. Switching to Mac or Linux is also an option.
To do what exactly with your PC? You don't need a fast PC on which you can't play games :D (unless for work purposes, but ugh this advice is annoying)

MJ1284

Run Disk Defragmenter, takes ages but afterwards your programs will boot up like nobody's bloody business.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

prosessor set affinity works to but only if you know what your doing

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
try system mechanic it clears up all the junk, registry, memory, all the stuff that boggs your computer system down. I believe there is a free trial, it really works good and is a great virus/malware protector. It litterally does everything for you with one click and you can even have the computer shut off when its done.

http://www.iolo.com/

sm1.jpgsm2.jpgsm3.jpgsm4.jpg

DKnight556

Brotip: Use magnets
How do they work...?

09f29fb10b.gif
Cannot be unseen!