warpedlogic()

ZanteWarrior

Private Tester
warping on legions.jpg

horrible drawing but i think you can see the concept.

Edited: The best way to use warp would be to come off a ramp close to the flag stand. Then after you warp use the extra energy or rocket jump to get the extra height and speed to head back to the enemy base.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Personally I think the count down for warp should be reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds, would make it harder to use and actually figure out routes from.

Poponfu

Lead Developer
The best use for it against a D who has a HoF and a brain is going just over the defense and shooting down at them from above.. go past them and turn around shoot some more. After 2 seconds warp and downjet right away to grab from the stand you just cleared.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
The best use for it against a D who has a HoF and a brain is going just over the defense and shooting down at them from above.. go past them and turn around shoot some more. After 2 seconds warp and downjet right away to grab from the stand you just cleared.

that might be it's intended use, but all i see is this -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4CbBLLe2TI&feature=player_detailpage#t=116s

i.e. crap capping route solved by hitting R at the right time, making even overdrive seem incredibly skillful (which in some cases, it is anyway)
especially when paired with boost nades and the ridiculous plasma.

the real warped logic is "why bother with routes when you can warp core + plasma + boost nades?"

Poponfu

Lead Developer
You mostly see that move working so often because often there are no HoFs in pubs alot of the time. If Sin or Karnage is on the stand that move will never work. They will always get you with atleast part of a IOD wake. That said , i'll play around with not being able to grab during the buildup anymore and see how it is.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
You mostly see that move working so often because often there are no HoFs in pubs alot of the time. If Sin or Karnage is on the stand that move will never work. They will always get you with atleast part of a IOD wake. That said , i'll play around with not being able to grab during the buildup anymore and see how it is.

or dropping the flag on warp (the flag can't go through the warp scar), that could work too, and allow it to be used as a blocking maneuver too.