Voice chat

Skutki

Problem: so this new group of players has appeared in EU servers and they have a nasty habit of spamming voice chat whenever ANYTHING happens.

Solution 1: vote mute
Solution 2: delete/disable all the unnecessary commands such as 'haha' 'rookie' etc. (I still want to hear useful stuff so I don't mute all voice chat)
Solution 3: mute individual players.
Solution 4: make this a bannable offence so admins should be obliged to take action.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
If a player is causing unnecessary nuisance in the game servers, alert me or any one of the in-game admins. Depending on how serious it is, I'm sure they'll take action accordingly.

Vote mute would almost certainly be abused, but then admins would still have a choice.
Solution 2 is not a great idea, getting rid of certain voice commands because some are spamming is unthoughtful. It doesn't stop them from spamming other commands.

The other 2 do exist, we can mute individual users that spam. The ban feature is for more serious reasons than occasional spamming, probably the likes of serial spammers.

Skutki

getting rid of certain voice commands because some are spamming is unthoughtful. It doesn't stop them from spamming other commands.
Thing is these people don't spam to spam. They spam because their puberty-fuelled brains think itll be swagga or whatever kids say these days to call cti anyone that kills them and ctr anyone that they kill. Getting rid of those commands that are purely for 'entertainment' (all taunts, some general etc) would put an end to the ever repeating sounds of nerdgasms.

SNAKEOPS

There is a mute quick chat option that admins can enforce.

Yup, quick solution too. You could also suggest the developers an idea to have players be able to NOT hear any communication from a certain player. For example, Player 1 can mute player 2, but player 3 can still hear player 2's spam until he decides to mute him also. It's like turning off speaker or having someone mute in TS3.

Edit: Sadly this is true, but some people don't like to hear me "spam" or talk in chat, and I have been told I talk too much. This is a great solution too.

Skutki

There is a mute quick chat option that admins can enforce.

(I still want to hear useful stuff so I don't mute all voice chat)

You could also suggest the developers an idea to have players be able to NOT hear any communication from a certain player. For example, Player 1 can mute player 2, but player 3 can still hear player 2's spam until he decides to mute him also. It's like turning off speaker or having someone mute in TS3.

Solution 3: mute individual players.

Cos im the mastermind. Now read op before you post.

SNAKEOPS

Cos im the mastermind. Now read op before you post.

Well, I deleted some stuff, but here's another solution. Just limit the voice chat SOUND, but you can still see 'em, it'll bother you a lot less. It's a good fix.

For this, launch application, go to Options, by Quickchat Sounds make it "Off".

Fixious

Test Lead
Solution 2 is sorta possible. If you don't want to hear 'Haha' or any other taunts from literally ANYONE, you can open the specific sound file in Audacity or something and set its volume to 0.

SNAKEOPS

Solution 2 is sorta possible. If you don't want to hear 'Haha' or any other taunts from literally ANYONE, you can open the specific sound file in Audacity or something and set its volume to 0.

This sounds good! If people don't like, "Idiot" or whatever, they may disable the sound.

Fixious

Test Lead
Yes, but realize you won't ever hear it again unless you bring the volume back up or simply redownload the file. This means you won't hear your own 'Haha', either.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Personally, all the taunts are rubbish and get spammed waaaay too much. I would personally like to see them removed as they're superfluous and not needed.

That being said, there is an option for 'team only' that has never worked for me on the options.

Dino

Problem: so this new group of players has appeared in EU servers and they have a nasty habit of spamming voice chat whenever ANYTHING happens.

Solution 1: vote mute - Abused
Solution 2: delete/disable all the unnecessary commands such as 'haha' 'rookie' etc. (I still want to hear useful stuff so I don't mute all voice chat) - Just turn your quickchat sounds off or call a admin
Solution 3: mute individual players. - Admins can do that
Solution 4: make this a bannable offence so admins should be obliged to take action. - Just no

Answered, and also on that note by deleting the voice sounds, the players can make their own voicepacks and spam them so its not a great idea to delete some of the voice pack

Fixious

Test Lead
Answered, and also on that note by deleting the voice sounds, the players can make their own voicepacks and spam them so its not a great idea to delete some of the voice pack
I don't think deleting them will work that well. If you delete the 'Haha' file and someone in-game uses it, it might cause your client to crash. I can't confirm this, but still wouldn't recommend deleting anything. Just lower its volume.

Skutki

Clearing up:
Solution 2: locally mute individual players.

I might just find the voicepack files and replace them with silent files, yet still:

Personally, all the taunts are rubbish and get spammed waaaay too much. I would personally like to see them removed as they're superfluous and not needed.

That being said, there is an option for 'team only' that has never worked for me on the options.
^

Skutki

Christ Jędrek finish school before trying to... think. Or talking to me. Or anyone Polish for that matter. Its embarrassing.