VIDEOS: How to make a Map - Based off Map Editor Instructions

Discussion in 'Custom Maps' started by Hi!, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

This was all made according to Fixi's instructions located here.

If you're making a map, good luck with it and and hope to see it in the Custom Maps section. Map Editor Instructions

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Edit:
    If you try using the editor in full screen mode, the top will get cut off and you will be unable to use the editor. Here is a picture showing what I meant. Make sure you're in windowed mode.

Fullscreen

cutoff.png

Windowed Mode
    cutoff12.PNG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Nice. You may want to add notations (you can do so after a video has been uploaded) for specific instructions, such as pointing out what to hold so you can rotate/scale objects.

3. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

Last part is up, if you're making a map good luck with them everyone

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    Teddy945 and Fixious like this.
  4. KrO

KrO Member

nice work.thx

5. Gheist

Gheist King of all Goblins

whatisthisidonteven

Dino and WildFire like this.
  6. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

I have part 3 but I had to stop it short so I didn't get to finish it but I will finish it tomorrow along with part 4 and upload them :).....lost my cool map due to launcher update :( so I had to use a regular one)

Fixious likes this.
  7. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

Yeah, the launcher deleting user-made maps is pretty lame. It might get changed sometime in the future.

8. GReaper

GReaper Grumpy

Sorry, but no.

@Hi! - your deleted maps should've been moved to the Recycle Bin, have a look in there.

Also, before you start, copy/paste your Legions folder and don't run the launcher in that directory - just delete it. Rename it to the name of the map you're creating, with a new copy for each map - so when you go back to it you'll easily be able to tell what you're working on.

9. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

I took a look at it this morning and it didn't delete the maps, it updated the server/config.cs file and deleted the code I added to run the maps. The maps are still in the missions folder, I just have to add the code to run them again.

I didn't think about that. Thank you for the tip, will add that in the video :)

10. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

I thought doing two parts in one video would make it short but apparently not....I never anticipated it'd go up to 6 parts but oh well, you guys now have all the videos and anything that's on here is in the video, I will be making some more videos that mention some key points but that will be tonight.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Fixious likes this.
  11. Fixious

Fixious Test Lead

1024114 fluff drops probably wasn't a good idea. ;)

Hi! likes this.
  12. Hi!

Hi! Contributor

Updated, was tired so there might have been a couple stuff I missed but oh well

Xzanth and Fixious like this.