Verizon iPhone

What is your stance regarding the Verizon iPhone?

• I don't want a smartphone.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • After so long without it, I just decided on Android and am sticking with it.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • After so long without it, I just decided on Android but will switch to the iPhone.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use the iPhone on AT&T and will continue to do so.

• I use the iPhone on AT&T but will switch to Verizon

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I use the iPhone on AT&T but will wait until the Julyish so I can get the 3GS equivalent of the 4.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a hold-out and have been waiting for this day for years and as such have no smartphone now.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don't have a smartphone, but will get Android.

• Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Redvan

Private Tester
the competition is over. AT&T just lost. The only reason to be on AT&T was for the iphone, now you can get it on the far superior service :D

I still prefer the Android though.

Hawk

I have an Iphone 4g on At&t, and its pretty damn nice. I don't know what I would do without it, I dont understand how Android can be better, but it might. Research time.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I personally fall into the category of being an Apple fan that gave up and went to Android and am not turning back. Android works really well for me and after learning how to use it, I've been getting my Droid X to work quite well. As someone who loves the iPhone too, I won't tell you to switch, but for me Android works just fine and isn't a walled garden...

Astrum

Super Special R&D
Android is by far the more superior mobile phone OS.
I heard from Astrum that Android is easy to program for.

Haha. Ha. Ha...

I'm currently using a Blackberry and I'll stick with it for the time being. Android has a new release approximately every 6 months, but the core architecture is an absolute disaster. Every release brings essentially superficial changes with the exception of a few (JIT for instance). From what I've heard the iOS architecture is quite nice in comparison. Granted this is from a developer point of view, but I can already do all the basic stuff on my current phone that Android and iOS can do. All the rage these days are the "apps" and from my personal experience Android is terrible if you want to do anything out of the ordinary. Further, Android may be FOSS, but the carriers in the US lock them down anyway so you need to root your device.

As far as the iPhone being on Verizon it's not all sunshine and rainbows. First off it uses the CDMA network which, aside from being pretty much exclusive to the US, doesn't support data and voice at the same time. This may not be important to you, but if someone sends you something when you're on the phone, you're not getting it until after the call has ended. Verizon does have "unlimited" data though, whereas AT&T is limited to 3GB/mo if I remember correct. That's a plus assuming their network can handle it, which it looks like it can, and they actually mean unlimited. Verizon also allows tethering/hotspot. Then again Verizon isn't exactly good at math (google search it).

I'd personally prefer an iPhone over an Android based phone, but I'm unwilling to switch to either AT&T or Verizon. So it's a bit of a moot point for me I suppose ;).

And yes, I went there GReaper. I WENT THERE!

Hawk

Haha. Ha. Ha...

I'm currently using a Blackberry and I'll stick with it for the time being. Android has a new release approximately every 6 months, but the core architecture is an absolute disaster. Every release brings essentially superficial changes with the exception of a few (JIT for instance). From what I've heard the iOS architecture is quite nice in comparison. Granted this is from a developer point of view, but I can already do all the basic stuff on my current phone that Android and iOS can do. All the rage these days are the "apps" and from my personal experience Android is terrible if you want to do anything out of the ordinary. Further, Android may be FOSS, but the carriers in the US lock them down anyway so you need to root your device.

As far as the iPhone being on Verizon it's not all sunshine and rainbows. First off it uses the CDMA network which, aside from being pretty much exclusive to the US, doesn't support data and voice at the same time. This may not be important to you, but if someone sends you something when you're on the phone, you're not getting it until after the call has ended. Verizon does have "unlimited" data though, whereas AT&T is limited to 3GB/mo if I remember correct. That's a plus assuming their network can handle it, which it looks like it can, and they actually mean unlimited. Verizon also allows tethering/hotspot. Then again Verizon isn't exactly good at math (google search it).

I'd personally prefer an iPhone over an Android based phone, but I'm unwilling to switch to either AT&T or Verizon. So it's a bit of a moot point for me I suppose ;).

And yes, I went there GReaper. I WENT THERE!

heh.
http://www.technewsdaily.com/verizon-iphone-unlimited-data-might-not-happen-1985/