[US] Unity NY Live.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
So Chicago would be best? Not even close.
If you wanted to be stupidly nitpicky you could say "we should get a Kansas server" (Wichita or Topeka is the "middle" of the contiguous US). I'm not sure if you recall the Hotswap servers from like...a year ago, but they were located in Illinois (presumably Chicago). From what I understand, there are more Legions players on the East Coast, so a Chicago server is probably a good "mid point" if you factor in the proportion of players in the East Coast versus West Coast.

Stop being such a contrarian all the damn time.

Crisis12096

It's that his concern seems to be the west coast players, so Chicago wouldn't be best for them. But if you did factor in what would be best overall maybe a Chicago server would be good, but would it be the best? Without calculating how many players are actually on East/West we'll never really know. It seems like a lot of players are indeed happy with the server we have now. Of course, not everyone can be satisfied. The reason I'm starting a debate out of this is because I don't want someone to simply say, oh this would be best in my opinion without giving some reasons. If I'm convinced, I'll jump on board, but not just because someone said it's their opinion. Also, the person who actually suggested Chicago has yet to respond, so I'm looking forward to that still. Anyway, this thread is getting a little derailed since it's about the Unity Server, any complaints so far? It seems to be down at the moment, sadly. :(. When it comes back up, I'd really like to play some TDM for once if anybody is interested.

I didn't need any convincing for the East Coast server, I just wanted lower ping. I'm selfish like that. Arma is paying for the server because he also wants lower ping. If you want a Chicago server, pay for it.

Edit: Mukky posted as I did. If I could host a server, I most certainly would. But my internet isn't really suited for such a thing.

Sin

Private Tester
Being a west player, I prefer Chicago over New york. I ping around 110 to Chicago, which is playable, and around 140 to New York, which starts pushing it.

Armageddon

Teapot
we should have made a poll of which location would be best. chicago is the best place in my opinion. instead of buying a new server 5 hours after someone suggests new york
The server is funded with my own money which is half of why it's eastcoast. The other half is because we have/had 0 East servers and have a TX and WA servers. The server is in Buffalo, NY not New york city so it's not really as east coast as you think. It was going to be in new jersey but i thought that was too east.

S

shaskie

RaptorRumble is krakyn smurfing.

g133418498561584072.jpg

xlr8434

The server is funded with my own money which is half of why it's eastcoast. The other half is because we have/had 0 East servers and have a TX and WA servers. The server is in Buffalo, NY not New york city so it's not really as east coast as you think. It was going to be in new jersey but i thought that was too east.
Where's the server Armageddon ;_; do you need money? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! Put the server in new jersey it would make a lot of people happy ;)

Armageddon

Teapot
Well legions is buggy and the server crashes... daily. I'm waiting for stealth to msg me the correct command line to restart it, for some reason either the command line im using is wrong or im not logged into the vps correctly.

xlr8434

Okay i see thank you though! Can you message me when it's back up? Do you have any idea when it will be back?