un-nerf sniper rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoyz

As you can see in the previous games, many people stopped using the sniper rifles as a shot/multiple shots does not guarantee a decent damage in comparison with MA.

On the side note, is it possible to return it to the previous one where shots need charging beforehand and instead of consuming heaps of the energy as well?
I find it really annoying in a fast-paced game where all you can do is to wait till your energy bar fills up and then shoot - without the guarantee of a hit or a decent damage. (Plus you need to be on the ground to do so...).
By the time I have already gotten enough energy to have a next shot, the opponent would have spotted me, charged at me, shot at me, regained back his hp. (Kinda looses the point if the only kills are from kill-steals) :S

Nvidia

The old sniper riffle was just overpowered. You never had a chance when a really good sniper was chasing you so the "new" sniper is okay i think.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Wrong and Wrong, and more Wrong.

The old sniper was NOT overpowered, the reason that it changed was because of O-sniping, a very annoying part of the game.

using the sniper rifles as a shot/multiple shots does not guarantee a decent damage in comparison with MA.

Do you know how much luck combined with skill to get a MA over 700 meters away ? Thats where the sniper rifle came in.

On the side note, is it possible to return it to the previous one where shots need charging beforehand and instead of consuming heaps of the energy as well?

No it is not, because of O-snipers

I find it really annoying in a fast-paced game where all you can do is to wait till your energy bar fills up and then shoot - without the guarantee of a hit or a decent damage. (Plus you need to be on the ground to do so...).

Um, I thought you where arguing FOR this sniper rifle :? And you actually didn't need to be on the ground, you just needed your jets off.
(watch this: http://vimeo.com/2282239)

By the time I have already gotten enough energy to have a next shot, the opponent would have spotted me, charged at me, shot at me, regained back his hp.

That is why you move? Energy actually regains very quickly, hp does not. You are thinking of O-sniping at the enemy at his base. That is not what the sniper is used for. It is used for defending your base and/or chasing. Though I agree that the energy drop-off was too much, the sniper is actually pretty balanced now.

You are so so mis-informed, its actually unbelievable.

MJ1284

What Fireblasto said, we're not likely to see the old sniper rifle ever again. And no, making 50* different threads about old sniper rifle won't bring it back.
Old LR was unfit to most Legions maps, say what you like but being able to snipe from base to base is just retarded.

And don't get me started about O-Sniping, I have numerous memories of Public games where I'd have to prance around on Defense (ONLY person on defense, mind you) dodging 3-5 sniper beams constantly.

* I lost count after 14 days since Legions had it's major update.

Status
Not open for further replies.