Ultra:LO (Mod) Soon..ish

Fixious

Test Lead
It'll likely end up like Defender's mod: some cool features, but no interest from the small (and closed-minded) player base. But if that doesn't matter to you then go for it. ;)

Armageddon

Teapot
It'll likely end up like Defender's mod: some cool features, but no interest from the small (and closed-minded) player base. But if that doesn't matter to you then go for it. ;)
Yeah, you're probably 100% correct about that. I've told a few old UR players about it so we might end up with a few new players. By few i mean out of 20 probably 2 lol.
I played UR forever in tribes so i've kinda missed it here is the main reason for the mod.

Fixious

Test Lead
I've gone back to T1 recently to scratch my Annihilation itch. Crazy, and sad, that at pretty much any given moment T1 has more players than Legions.:(

Armageddon

Teapot
Well... scratch this.

Seems legions won't allow this type of mod. After firing a few thousand rounds of ammo from my rifle the projectiles abruptly stopped spawning for all weapons so i decided to respawn and was greeted with a blank black screen. Also after the first thousand rounds the game became laggy even when not doing anything.

[Edit] tested again, about 3500 rounds shot is where the drop happens. Frame rate drops to 1 and a respawn give you a blank screen.

I assume it has to do with the cleanup of projectiles/sounds, but i don't know.

I'm not sure what caused this, any dev care to chime in?

Last edited:
Its not sad, tribes1 is much better game, its how it should be.

Well, it is kind of sad considering how old Tribes 1 is, but yeah it's a good game. I liked T2 more, too bad Ascend stole the remainder of its arena community.

But you know, Tribes 1 players have a similarity with Legions players. Neither are giving up on a game they like.

Defender

Well... scratch this.

Seems legions won't allow this type of mod. After firing a few thousand rounds of ammo from my rifle the projectiles abruptly stopped spawning for all weapons so i decided to respawn and was greeted with a blank black screen. Also after the first thousand rounds the game became laggy even when not doing anything.

[Edit] tested again, about 3500 rounds shot is where the drop happens. Frame rate drops to 1 and a respawn give you a blank screen.

I assume it has to do with the cleanup of projectiles/sounds, but i don't know.

I'm not sure what caused this, any dev care to chime in?

It should not lag anymore than all the chaingun projectiles fired on normal servers with a bunch of players.
Sounds like you have your projectile data settings setup differently or something wrong!
Please post your weapons code.

Armageddon

Teapot
It should not lag anymore than all the chaingun projectiles fired on normal servers with a bunch of players.
Sounds like you have your projectile data settings setup differently or something wrong!
Please post your weapons code.

It's the chaingun using the laser rifle shape with no spread and a fire rate of 0.0001, removed shell eject and removed the tracer. it's nothing difficult or unusual as i did this same thing with FELT9or8 a few years ago.

Besides those changes i removed sequences for most of the animations to the model just to keep it from playing each time a shot is fired, looked horrible.
I still think it has to do with the sound cleanup, if i enter an area i've shot at a bit i can here the ricochet sound playing over and over.

Armageddon

Teapot
Try removing the explosion sound, in the explosion data.
That was next but it still kinda worries me that the mission cleanup is that shoddy. T1 was way way before this engine but the mission clean up was spotless*. This is active map cleanup problems.. seems overlooked to me on GGs half.

Defender

Remember reading some place that the engine code GG, got was not the same version tribes2, runs on.
I never experienced any of these sound issues in tribes2, been modding it since it came out, still modding it last week, my mod is called Tribes2 Overdrive.
Just coded in a simple overdrive function for players to use, and my chaingun has 4 images, with random sounds for each bullet, never lags, heavy bots are great with it.

Armageddon

Teapot
It's odd but not shocking, alot of maps have phantom sounds on them in legions. Zen in the back hills and times on FB.
I'll shoot a vidya friday(day off) of the problem, i was kinda shocked over it. After years of T1/2 development you would figure something as simple as sound cleanup would be implemented.

I only made one T2 mod and actually never played it firsthand, Ultra_Xtreme. Worstaim and myself worked on it for a few weeks, i never even really loaded T2 because i was T1 for life until legions.
The change from T1 to T2 wasn't too bad but from T1 to legions and it's custom copy/paste engine is odd for me. Things i assume to be in the engine are missing etc, deploy functions for start.

Defender

If you need deploy functions, I ported some from tribes2, and edited some from scratch...
My Legions mod has deployable, walls, platforms, ammo stations, air bases, and more..