Turning on 1st person body/feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I don't get it

In previous incarnations of the game (specifically, in IA incarnations), a player's legs were visible from first-person; you could look down towards the ground, and see your feet there. It got taken out, and DOS is wondering if there's a way to toggle it back on.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, DOS, but someone else hopefully does.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
When the customizable skins have been implemented (back on IA), there were some changes that had to be done to the models. One of these changes killed the feet/legs, more or less by accident. Code lines like the one above are still in game, but won't have any effect.

Redvan

Private Tester
realistic... what about that huge helmet on your head that greatly reduces your head movement and creates a highly hindered fov?

legions

lol i ment just the legs will make it realistic but i do not wat it too realistic with the helmet and all that

LindN

lol i ment just the legs will make it realistic but i do not wat it too realistic with the helmet and all that
shut up before you ruin this game.

don't mean to sound so harsh but dude, this is a game with dudes going 200meters a second with jetpacks and handheld rocket launchers, why would you suddenly want realism in it? should you get killed instantly if you spawn with a helmet without face coverage and you're hit by a bullet there?

no realism, this isn't a realistic game and there's no way it could stay competitive if we had legs and hindered fov.

DOS4/GW

I think what he might have been getting at is that it could make the game feel more immersive. Flying 200 meters a second in first person view would be a lot cooler if I had an occasional reminder that I'm not just a floating head with a gun sticking out of my mouth.

DeadPixel

I made a thread on this on IA before the update and all I recieved was "this is realated to the current build, don't think too much about it."

Daphinicus

Private Tester
a floating head with a gun sticking out of my mouth.

I want this as a weapon. You wouldn't carry it; it would just float in front of you, and you'd see thin strands of its hair fluttering in the breeze. Every so often, if would turn around, its mouth choking on the gun barrel, its eyes pleading to you for mercy from this endless agony, this soulless torment, but you would ignore it as you always do, and it would turn back, tears flowing from empty sockets, and one more shred of your humanity would tear itself off like used toilet paper and flutter away into the great chasm of your own, sinking depression.

Although that might be a bit too creepy.

Redvan

Private Tester
I want this as a weapon. You wouldn't carry it; it would just float in front of you, and you'd see thin strands of its hair fluttering in the breeze. Every so often, if would turn around, its mouth choking on the gun barrel, its eyes pleading to you for mercy from this endless agony, this soulless torment, but you would ignore it as you always do, and it would turn back, tears flowing from empty sockets, and one more shred of your humanity would tear itself off like used toilet paper and flutter away into the great chasm of your own, sinking depression.

Although that might be a bit too creepy.

SOUNDS LIKE WE GOT A LEAK FOR A NEW CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.