Tribes Ascend Beta Access On Sale!

Im going to give gigabyte a week to fix my mobo AGAIN and then ring them everyday after that until they send it back!

Gota be up n running by November 4th :)

Been looking at a lot of in game footage and apart from it being too slow and rocket jumps giving almost no boost it looks awesome and things like the sound of the wind rushing past your ears that gets faster n louder as you do gives a real sense of being there, very cool.

yeh but its WAY more convincing and immersive in Ascend.

have u looked at the in game footage?

And not the camera footage.

dont get me wrong, I havent even played it yet and I know I will be missing some things I love in legions...

skypredator

I've been thinking about getting this, but I'm sure I can get by with the F2P version. Just as long as I get my chain gun and shotgun, I'll be happy. :rolleyes:

Abandoned

I've been thinking about getting this, but I'm sure I can get by with the F2P version. Just as long as I get my chain gun and shotgun, I'll be happy. :rolleyes:

Chaingun = Heavy loadout.
Shotgun = Light loadout.

I think you gotta do some microtransactions to customize your loadouts (I DON'T KNOW)

yeh but its WAY more convincing and immersive in Ascend.

have u looked at the in game footage?

And not the camera footage.

dont get me wrong, I havent even played it yet and I know I will be missing some things I love in legions...

I've seen a lot of game footage, and there are those moments where I felt like pressing the overdrive button. :p

Propkid

Will try, might play but this will surely not replace Legions for me. Lack of OD is one thing, hitscan the other, candygay gfx the third (I'm sorry, my eyes burn when I watch the gameplays) and the pace the last reason why though this might be a good game, it < Legions.

skypredator

Exactly, Abandoned, but I think I'll be fine with switching between the two. I'm betting with myself that I'll be quite decent at T: A to start, but perhaps that's just because I'm quite completive with myself when it comes to skill. Just as long as there are SG and CG's classes, I'll be happy. =] So what do you think, get Beta so I can create a custom SG/CG class? I really haven't got all that much spending money to spare, but I can probably work it in somehow.

Abandoned

Exactly, Abandoned, but I think I'll be fine with switching between the two. I'm betting with myself that I'll be quite decent at T: A to start, but perhaps that's just because I'm quite completive with myself when it comes to skill. Just as long as there are SG and CG's classes, I'll be happy. =] So what do you think, get Beta so I can create a custom SG/CG class? I really haven't got all that much spending money to spare, but I can probably work it in somehow.

Heck, it's your choice. I think getting Beta acess doesnt give you other stuff other than the VIP pass and etc. Hell, I've got money, but no eMoney..

skypredator

Eh... Gotta make room for Riversongs Sonic Screwdriver. Go Doctor Who! xD The VIP pass would make a pretty big impact, but I'm still on the fence with this one... If anyone here gets Beta access, could you please upload it to a post or something? I guess the deciding factor with me is how well the game is structured. Seems like a great game, all in all. Looking forward to playing it. By the way, is it Mac-compatible?

anak

VIP
GUISE!!! IM A VIP AGAIN!!! :>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>:>

Propkid

My eyes burned when I watched the gameplay too... but that was because of how terribad the players were.
Good point, even though few of us might like the game it might be still worth playing if there will be any tourneys with $$$ in it. :]

Redvan

Private Tester
For those who prepurchased:

Thursday, 2000GMT (4pm EST), there will be a 4hr "preview" to "flesh out any last-minute server infrastructure issues prior to the official start of the Closed Beta"

Player names and progression WILL BE SAVED, so hop on if anything to claim your names, because, you know, there's a good chance someone else is going to try to take xxxPROEMOGUYxxx before you!

Redvan

Private Tester
who has the key?
? THE KEY!

What u mean... It's open for whoever prepurchased, there are no keys to hand out to get others into beta.

Also, for those who are, may want to open HIGH COMMAND!!!!!!!!! because there's a 30min patch for T:A if you haven't opened it recently...