Tramporine Burretz

Would you play with bouncy burretz?

• Total voters
Got an idea which would be rather enjoyable in closed-space arena-like maps. I've tried to do this on my own, but no effect actually takes place. [Yes, I have marked the chaingun.cs file as read-only]

Much like the gauss shotgun/pistol in Thing Thing 4, the Tramporine ChunGun would feature bouncy bullets, each round possessing roughly 300 bounces each. Muzzle velocity would border on 10000 (I do believe these measurements are in meters? I heard somewhere that the measurements used when building Legionnaire models were meters, so I'm assuming these numbers I'm seeing refer to m/s). Basically, a Chaingun roughly 10 times faster than normal in all respects except how rapidly/how many times spent casings spin with bouncy bullets. Not sure if they should bounce on dirt/sand/snow, though.

I've drained about every idea I've got. Granted, I'm not much good with these massive walls of text I'm presented with when I open .cs files, but I've gotten it to work long ago. Anybody know how to incorporate the elasticity aspect to these rounds? [something tells me copy/pasting isn't the right format for CG tracers] And does anyone know if there is a maximum muzzle velocity for CG rounds? There is no noticeable change whether its set at 1000 or 10000. It's been bugging me for quite some time.

Let me know what you think. in the comments area and/or poll.

[This is for player-hosted servers, not global-servers. Sorry if there was any confusion. I guess if you were confused in any case, you'd check for secret text like this. Good job, Koto. Here's a cookie.]

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
To my knowledge, given the current status of the engine, you'd have to make a ballistic projectile with very high elasticity and super high velocity.

So it's 1::1 only, not 1::2 (bits and pieces of GL config are incompatible with CG base config)? I'd have to give the GL config an overhaul, which would involve changing the projectile and tracer to the CG's, getting rid of gravity, changing muzzle velocity, changing the model, velocity, overheat rate, etc. Too much work. Shouldn't basic config editing do the trick? Maybe I'm getting something wrong with the format of text I'm transferring from the GL config to the CG config.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I could be wrong, but you may be able to get away with quickly changing
Code:
// physics
  isBallistic = false;
  gravityMod = 0.0;
  mass = 0.2;
into
Code:
// physics
  isBallistic = true;// affected by physics
  elasticity = 0.99;// restitution
  friction = 0.0;// friction
  gravityCoefficient = 0.0;// amount of gravity to apply
  mass = 5.0;

EDIT: nope, just tested this and it doesn't work. You'd have to modify more heavily.

Mass = momentum, which translates into (In Legions, at least) rolling/bouncing. This might cause the bullets to bounce, but also roll along the ground for basically forever (if I set friction to 0.0, which I WANT to do) if the angle of impact is under roughly 32 degrees. It's a lead, though. I'll get back to you after I try it out. Thanks.

Just tested. Too bad I didn't wait 'till you had. Meh. This is disappointing.