Training Room

Konflict

Couple of things this will do:

• Give brief introduction to new players.
  • Improve the skills of existing players.
  • In the case of no one is online, a person can play by himself.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yarr, I believe some sort of a tutorial system is in the planning stages, or rather one is planned.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Also, there will be no AIs. Mabel has been adamant about that. However, I think the tutorial system should have tips about skiing, a quick weapons intro, and the rules.

Fixious

Test Lead
The only way AI could be useful(and at least doable from a programming stance) in Legions would be a targeting range. There was a mod/map, perhaps even a few, in Tribes that were basically training grounds. AI would walk in pre-determined paths that helped you improve with leading targets. There were also man-cannons that shot player models into the air to help with MA's (think clay doves, only with player models).

Xtreme

shaska's bff
The only way AI could be useful(and at least doable from a programming stance) in Legions would be a targeting range. There was a mod/map, perhaps even a few, in Tribes that were basically training grounds. AI would walk in pre-determined paths that helped you improve with leading targets. There were also man-cannons that shot player models into the air to help with MA's (think clay doves, only with player models).

http://bootcamp.toocrooked.com/

Fixious

Test Lead
Yes, that. I wouldn't mind have a flag throwing machine either, to help with flag grabs.

sigh. Wishful thinking.