Training Partners

Activation

So, as many newcomers know Legions has a rather steep learning curve, making it hard for new players, and returning players to grasp the game. This has always been the case, but since the move to Overdrive this has become even more so. With less players playing the game, there has been a greater divide between the common beginner and the competitive player, making it harder for newbies to start, and making many of them consider leaving the game for something more rewarding at lower levels. I myself, am a returning player, having played under the name Peanutking9, and then Peanut (nice to see you again btw!), and having not played properly since the days of IA, I am finding it hard myself to get back into the game - everyone is so much better now!

I haven't trawled through the forums, so don't shizzle my nizzle if this is already running, BUT a 'training partner' scheme would be good to set in place. Setting a more experienced player with a beginner or a rusty player to give the noob some much needed practise, away from the 'brutal' public games would develop the both gamers, increasing the noobs playing skills and providing the experienced player with not only more competition, but another player to add to their clan, and add more players to the gaming enviroment, creating a win-win situation, right? I did use to run something like this when I was more active, and it helped a few people feel more confident and progress further, so why not again?

Thanks for reading!

ps. I need tutoring myself, so someone with a good knowledge of the game, and a generous heart, pleeaaasssseeeeeee? :)

pps. When I say begginner, I don't mean a noob llamma, I mean someone of moderate skill, who can jet, who can change weapons, who does know what the game types are etc. but someone who lacks the skill to make definitive kills, and clean flag runs, and needs the extra push!

ironman

Man I like the way you think, if you see "ironman" in-game and ask for training I will totally make you part of my personal army that doesn't exist yet. And yeah I do try to train noobs when I find them, but sometimes it stalls at "PRESS T TO TALK [PLAYER NAME]" and they just keep skiing slowly along the ground and running into things. Oh well.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Meh, it usually takes ages to get someone to grasp the idea of 't' being the in-game chat function as ironman said. Nevertheless, I'd gladly help out anyone that needs some help as I've done many times previously.
Yeah, get across the idea of downloading teamspeak3 some how, and it makes life easier when explaining stuff to the player. Introduce them to the pug channel while you're at it... profit!

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Remember me? That Fireblasto? Hit me up on ts3 or come into IRC #spektrum and I'll probably be around to help you.
Atrapitis.gif

Karnage

Private Tester
This sort of thing has been implemented several times in the past. It tends to last a short while and then die. It is my hope that maybe once the game goes where we all hope it is going in the near future, needs such as this will be able to be addressed in a more formal and permanent manner. Oh and hi Peanut! Welcome back!