Tips For Newcomers

prometheus11

When flying the upward part of your flight arc, point yourself in the diagonal direction of your upward arc. This will add your forward momentum of the "W" movement to yours arc and give you a lot more height and speed. Then, at the peak of your arc (loss of all your energy or however much you want to use) keep holding W (release Jet up to let your energy regen), and point yourself towards a likely downhill slope to land on, don't aim directly act it...but slightly ahead of it until you're sure you've got the landing. Then when landing you want to point yourself so you're parallel with the ground to minimize fall damage. As you go up the next hill (by now your energy should be recharged especially if you had a lot of height...and especially if you're outrider ;)), use jet up and keep yourself pointed parallel with the ground or at the direction of your arc to reduce speed loss against the ground.

Main tip to remember. Your "W" forward movement can be pointed up to add to your Jet Up to reach higher. Another tip, try to use side to side thrusters minimally when attempting to get a lot of speed. Your main way of turning in high speed movement is choosing your downhill slopes correctly (which sometimes requires side movement adjustment). Just try to do that minimally as it can really mess with your speed.

Oh and onnne more thing. Jetting down when your flight arc is on it's way up will reduce your speed. Jetting up when you're going down will reduce your speed. There are different times when this is necessary. If you're at low health and you're coming to a flat surface and you're too sharp on you're flight you'll need to jet up (and even point your "W" forward movement up for the most upward movement). One reason to jet down when your flight arc is up is to get over a hill before chasers can hit you on your way up or if you're at a large hill and can't afford to go really high to start your escape.

Propkid

Main tip to remember. Your "W" forward movement can be pointed up to add to your Jet Up to reach higher.
I always loved to believe that in IA when I was strictly Outrider-only. Nowadays I play as Raider and I get all the speed I need from OD, RJs and plasma boosts.

You reminded me of my noob days :D

Noober

The prometheus11 flying tips are very good!
When you are flying for a medium/long landing destination also remember that relasing "jet on" button will make you gain some more distance, keeping jet on will take you down more quickly.