Thoughts On Stygian and or Fallout

Esuke-L

Mmmk, think there's a lot of complaints from people either;
1. Wanting the game to be easy
2. Wanting all the maps to be the same (Variety is good people, if all the maps have all the same main characteristics, what's the point in making new maps?)
3. Being extremely lazy..you're already sitting down for hours at a time with the rest of us, atleast do some virtual exercise and try a side route or 2.

Personally, I find Stygian not having front routes refreshing, as it's already been pointed out, there's front routes regularly used on Zenith, Core, Mirage, Frost & Forgotten *shakes fist at forgotten for making everyone play n00by*, vary your play a bit, try a side route.
At first I figured stygian was a bit easy for the D, but like it's bn said, if you're on D in the little tunnel, a nice cluster or every normal grenade will splash you with some pain quite nicely, opening the space up. Also, I saw someone say something about llama's can get in through the underground tunnels & caverns...well..you suck at D if that's happening to you effectively as far as i'm concerned..<.<
& it's a great map to pick up speed quickly.

Fallout...I'm in love with this map. It's actually becoming my new fav map. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I found a front route in my first 2 mins for whoevers complaining, isn't hard. But I don't really understand why you'd want to use one while there are sooooooooooo many other routes on this map.
& It's not hard to defend, there are stands for defenders to jam and take out incoming cappers from all sides if they actually try and there's ammo points right there to keep you up on ammo.
It's great that the flags are close enough that it doesn't feel huge whilst you can still build up some VERY gd speed by venturing out a little bit more.

Mots0311

Heres the thing, if the new maps were just like the old ones everyone would complain about how boring they are or how they are just like the old ones. So yea Stygian has no front route. Its more difficult. Adjust.Adapt. Think of new ways to cap. I'm starting to warm up to Sygian because its so different. Fallout is great even a novice capper like me can find a route or two. Its also a snipers paradise for all you sharpshooters.
I think a great idea for a map would be both bases are side by side to one another but flag stands on opposite ends of the map. A lot of whining about O sniping and spawn killing would be thrown about but ya know.....lots of bitches these days.

Abandoned

Stygian has some turtle issues in the mines. An enemy sentinel would enter through the other side, creep up and behind the flagstand, and shoot a gentle nade on the stand, causing serious damage. The defense could be shooting down that sentinel while a capper grabs flag and is already heading towards their base.

Gravis

If there is one thing I'd like to see added to Stygian it's a closer ammo box to the flag. I often run out or get real low on ammo, and as a HOF I can't just abandon my job to go into the tunnel and reload.

Fallout is perfect.

Immanent

Fallout is like a combination of Zenith and Frostbyte. The flagstand is an issue though, when going for a side route, there's those little bumpy things. Hit those at 200+ and boom you're dead. If there's a HoF, even worse.

Abandoned

If there is one thing I'd like to see added to Stygian it's a closer ammo box to the flag. I often run out or get real low on ammo, and as a HOF I can't just abandon my job to go into the tunnel and reload.

Fallout is perfect.

Respawn. Problem solved.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Stygian has some turtle issues in the mines. An enemy sentinel would enter through the other side, creep up and behind the flagstand, and shoot a gentle nade on the stand, causing serious damage. The defense could be shooting down that sentinel while a capper grabs flag and is already heading towards their base.

That's not turtling, that's called distraction.

qqchurch

Defense on Stygian is always such an orgy of chaos, but it couldn't be any more fun trying your best to keeps LOs and Cappers out while gleefully rebounding clusters off walls and raining death upon those who intrude the sanctity of our base.

Dino

The honest truth about stygian = I HATE IT too bumpy, no front routes, too high hills and last too foggy and dark the terrain can't see where the bumps are

Application-1

test bester
sarcasm.jpg