The PUG thread!

Application-1

test bester
Welcom to the PUG thread here you can find all info on PUG's
PUG.jpg

First things first!
What is a PUG? A PUG is short for a Pickup game. This means that we are going to organize a match against eachother, the minimum that need to attend to make such a PUG work is 12 people and the maximum is 16 people.
You are required to be on teamspeak (teamspeak is a client that connects people with eachother and with the use of a mic we can talk with eachother).Info about teamspeak details here!

Yes I want to join a PUG! Then you need to sign up for this PUG.
You can sign up for a PUG by going to IRC and join legions channel.
Europeans go to #legions.eu
Then if the topic in the channel says PUG tonight! Then it is PUG time that night!
Then you just double click the message board and a window opens, on the window you will see a bar wich got typed in:
Pug Tonight! 20 CET! Players: Application-1,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x
Then replace the x with YOUR name! (this only works on mIRC a IRC client if you do not got this ask someone else to sign you up) And you are done you have signed up for the PUG!
After all this you wait till it is 20 CET for example. Then you join Teamspeak 3 and go to the channel for the PUG (it is best to join the TS3 server 10 minutes ahead of time so that we dont need to wait for people and the fun can start as soon as possible! When it is 20 CET it is GAME ON!
Take not: If you sign up for a PUG and you do not show up you may get banned/expelled from PUG's in the future!

Americans do this in a entirely different way! They just PUG whenever they feel like to. Most of this is done in TS3. Here if they see there are enough people online they go for it so if you are a american it is just best to be a active member on TS3! But still you can always join #legions and ask around.

2 captains will be chosen that will be the leaders of the 2 teams. The 2 captains will pick people for their team 1 by 1. If you are picked for team Alpha then you are asked to go to team channel Alpha, and if you are picked last then you are probably a chubby kid. Then when the teams are made you need to join the private server this is how it is done, pay attention this might be hard for you kid:
1. start up the game and press play.
2. when at the server list press Ctrl+` (that ` is the button below the Escape thoug I am Euro i may be wrong for you foreigners out there).
3. A big pile of text appears. (referred as the console)
4. When you were on TS3 people have given you a code you need to copy paste in this pile of text.
5. Hit enter and you will connect to the server!
Thats it! You are on TS3 in the server and you can play! If this may proof hard for you dont be afraid ask your teammates for help they will probably explain it better to you then i did!

Here is a good example of a PUG

Here i will keep track at all the PUG's that are being organized in Europe:
- PUG is scheduled for:
No PUG scheduled.

Check #legions.eu on IRC if you want to start/join one.

If you dont see your PUG above here then tell me by replying to this thread and tell me the info for it!
I hope this is going to help alot of new players because remember PUG's are much harder then in a normal game, and this is how PRO's are born!

Nvidia

Maybe you should post the new Pug dates in red so it will be much easier to see when there is a new pug coming up ;)

Freeman

RAYTANG
Ok, for North American pick ups we don't sign up on irc. Pick ups happen spontaneously and only if enough people are willing to play on teamspeak. Also, even if you were the first person to join the channel, that does not guarantee that you will be picked.

Update the info so the newfriends don't get confused.

OutEdit- Don't be passive aggressive, it's unwelcome. Also, the "big pile of text" reference was a joke, take it as one.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Kay for North American pick ups, we don't sign up on irc. Pick ups happen spontaneously and only if enough people are willing to play on teamspeak. Also, even if you were the first person to join the channel, that does not guarantee that you will be picked.

I'd figure that works well because we have a much larger community. Maybe they don't have enough people just simply count on 12+ of them being on at the same time?

stefygraff

Private Tester
it was a fun weekend on the pc... it snowed here a lot so i was lucky that i had the possibility to take place at them :)
what about a pug next Friday?