The Laser Rifle

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
wait, you're talking about the updated sniper on IA? it's exactly the same as the current one if i'm not wrong?

i'm actually hitting easier now as the game is more stable and i won't get ping switching all the time

I was under the impression (though given my recent history with things on this matter, Gheist will likely correct me and say otherwise) that the LR was changed between the non-charging IA version and the current one. I could never hit with the charging one, but I was able to snipe people easily out of the sky towards the end of IA's run on Bladerun at least by hanging out on the sides of the map. Now I can't hit anything with the LR and thought that I'd heard somewhere that it had been changed somehow. It could have just been the netfix because I've found that while on 30 ping my aim is fairly normal (average since the netfix), when I play games by routing the internet through my phone I've noticed that I've gotten more MA's even though my ping goes to 50. So the netfix could be to "blame" (not going to blame mabel for fixing a longstanding problem), but since I thought I'd heard that the LR had changed since IA, I attributed it to that. My apologies if that was incorrect.

Immanent

Some people find sniping easy and others hard. I find sniping easier than MAing as the beam fires MUCH faster than the rocket, therefore less prediction theoretically. Like others said, I think it's quite ping dependent but to balance it, I think they should reduce the energy consumption when you fire the gun by 50% and decrease reload time. This should bring back more snipers. *Cough* Jossiqua *Cough* *Cough* Chainwhore now! *Cough*

[...] It could have just been the netfix because I've found that while on 30 ping my aim is fairly normal (average since the netfix), when I play games by routing the internet through my phone I've noticed that I've gotten more MA's even though my ping goes to 50. So the netfix could be to "blame" (not going to blame mabel for fixing a longstanding problem), but since I thought I'd heard that the LR had changed since IA, I attributed it to that. My apologies if that was incorrect.

Pardon the off-topicness but what is the netfix?

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Some people find sniping easy and others hard. I find sniping easier than MAing as the beam fires MUCH faster than the rocket, therefore less prediction theoretically. Like others said, I think it's quite ping dependent but to balance it, I think they should reduce the energy consumption when you fire the gun by 50% and decrease reload time. This should bring back more snipers. *Cough* Jossiqua *Cough* *Cough* Chainwhore now! *Cough*

Pardon the off-topicness but what is the netfix?
The current LR shouldn't need a reduction in energy consumption. All a team needs is one good sniper, though I've been up against a team in a PUB that had three great defensive snipers (I may have already mentioned that :[. ) Anyways, the LR, while not being a great dueling weapon, is great for weakening a potential opponent before the duel commences, at which point, you finish up with the chaingun. Also off-topic, but what's the problem with chainwhoring? It might just be me, but I often get negative feelings from people talking about chainwhoring. I used almost nothing but the chaingun.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
From IRC:

Greaper said:
<GReaper> we're aware of the issues with sniping in general

It looks like that there is to be some change with the weapon, but I'm only assuming (Don't kill me Gheist!)

Disci

Old man
The current LR shouldn't need a reduction in energy consumption. All a team needs is one good sniper, though I've been up against a team in a PUB that had three great defensive snipers (I may have already mentioned that :[. ) Anyways, the LR, while not being a great dueling weapon, is great for weakening a potential opponent before the duel commences, at which point, you finish up with the chaingun. Also off-topic, but what's the problem with chainwhoring? It might just be me, but I often get negative feelings from people talking about chainwhoring. I used almost nothing but the chaingun.

Even one good d sniper (+midfielder) can cripple any offense on Nivo, Moonshine and Frostbyte.

Noxus

i admittedly miss the old charge sniper from the IA days, i can handle not having unlimited ammo and not having spread damage but the fact that u cant kill someone in one shot from a distance even with a head shot kinda sucks.isnt a sniper supposed to be long range? also wasnt the whole u cant jet while charging (basically using) your gun a good thing? i mean it makes a sniper quite vulnerable to any weapon, but the power loss after shooting in my opinion is worse, i like sniping close up just as much as long distances but its kinda hard when i have no jets lol. it would be nice if u could choose between no charge with power loss or charge with no powerloss