The Great Launchpad Damage/No Damage Thread

Should Launch pads give damage when used?

• Total voters

War

Fix blade run, have jump pads do a little less damage. The way Z-Axis shooters are generally balanced is to achieve more speed instantaneously, the player must sacrifice health. A player must choose if they want health or speed...a jump pad doing no damage is giving the player too much of a good thing.
Yes both teams can use it.
Yes it would fix problems on certain maps like Blade Run.

But if Blade Run is a problem, perhaps we should fix the map in question.

I think one of the big problems in Blade Run is the large hill at the center that makes direct skiing to the flag a chore. Side routes also take long, and well people are too used to the faster pace of other maps. I personally don't mind Blade Run, but can see why a lot of people hate it. Every other map has "quick easy routes" to the flag, Blade Run being the only one that doesn't currently in rotation. (Same with the other map everyone hates...don't recall the name)

Homingun

Damaging jump-pads even on Blade Run would work IMO. They give far more speed for the damage than other ways to instantly gain speed like RJs or Combos and players have enough health to RJ if they need more speed. I don't know why we went to no damage jump pads instantly. Making stuff like no-damage jump pads usually breaks the game in other areas which then need to worked on to get fixed (flag carrier can't use jump pads here we come).

Abandoned

The amount of health is important in maps like Blade Run, you want to keep as much health as you can to return home from a grab.