The best present we all got on 22 Dec.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Dream came true at last, 1 year, 1 short year for this movie, its going to be the best movie of the Year! Best movie-based news in years! What do you think? :)

ocarina_boy

I have an iffy feeling about it. I believe they are 'hollywooding' the Tolkien masterpieces onto the movie screen to make money.

stefygraff

Private Tester
I have an iffy feeling about it. I believe they are 'hollywooding' the Tolkien masterpieces onto the movie screen to make money.

i don't think so, if they do that to LOTR, they will burn in hell!
They have been working on the movie for a long time... so my guess is that it will blow our mind, even if we read the book :D

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

Dude, its Hollywood, what do you expect? They have to make money as they are a BUSINESS. You can't hate the films just because of those facts. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. <3 Martin Freeman (As an actor obviously)

Propkid

I have read the books many times over so I will be most disappointed if they screw anything up.
Herp derp of course they won't have all the details in the movie and guess what; the movie won't get any worse if they cut out a few parts. Did LOTR the movie need Tom Bombadil (spelling? ages since I've read LOTR) at all? Meh. Remember that the movie is the director's vision/perception/understanding/reading of the book, it might differ from the way you see the story.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

Been waiting for this for soooo long :D and 2013 is the hobbit: There and back again so this better be good

did anyone know frodo and legolas are in these to? not read books so i didnt know

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
did anyone know frodo and legolas are in these to? not read books so i didnt know

They're listed in the cast, but Frodo wasn't mentioned in the actual book from what I can remember. Legolas was I think, when they meet the elves, but he didn't have much to do with the whole plot and everything.

ocarina_boy

They are not in the first book, The Hobbit. Frodo is born 26 years after Bilbo returns from the Lonely Mountain. Legolas isn't mentioned in the Hobbit, but he may have been present. Legolas is the son of Thranduil, king of the elves in Mirkwood which Bilbo and the Dwarves bump into.