Team Rabbit?

Immanent

Actually:

Team score / Outcome was who had the flag longest, and there would be a timer on the duration that each team held the flag for (like where the team score for CTF would be) and the individual points (for kills and pick ups) next to the player's name. Then the player could evaluate how useful and/or efficient they were in that game.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Sounds fun, I was actually thinking about it myself, so I'll support it. I think it could be a little like Team Scrum from Think Tanks, but with no end goal, and the ability to pass the flag.

The cons I can see happening are the Prima Donna players who might not think that they need teams ruining everything for the rest of their team, but that aside, it'll be just like Children's soccer.

DKnight556

The cons I can see happening are the Prima Donna players who might not think that they need teams ruining everything for the rest of their team, but that aside, it'll be just like Children's soccer.
I believe that in competition games it would not be that bad. If put on pubs then it would be just like child soccer. The mad clusters of small angry children will be the main strategy for the game mode

Disci

Old man
I don't know why you're discussing about this when you apparently have no idea about the game mod. It's already been made for other games SUCH AS TRIBES 1 and 2. Don't bother your heads with this since there already is a working concept for the mod. What Team Rabbit would require is new maps designed for the mod. These maps what we have atm doesn't work.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I have no problem with it. I figured it would be doable. Fallout could almost work. Each team starts at a respective base, and then the flag is in the middle base. Good luck getting the flag out but after that, the game would work.

I think madcap swarms are fun, btw.

Immanent

I have no problem with it. I figured it would be doable. Fallout could almost work. Each team starts at a respective base, and then the flag is in the middle base. Good luck getting the flag out but after that, the game would work.

I think madcap swarms are fun, btw.

I was thinking exactly this.

Immanent

Disci, you know this suspiciously looks like stygian except less bumpy?
Why did you go through all the *chocolate cookies* to try to prove a point?

Disci

Old man
Just that Team rabbit should not be just keeping the flag, but it is about passing the flag to your team mates. You guys are thinking about team based rabbit game where dueling the other team is the main goal while keeping the flag to your team as long as possible, right? You guys don't think there's way too many game mods out there which are about dueling more than anything else?

Going through all the *chocolate cookies*? What do you mean? Making a vid like this takes about 5 mins of my time and I'm on a vacation so I don't have to worry about spending time on something like this. Just helping this suggestion evolve to something which is really interesting from something that is missing a lot of things which made this game mod so popular in other games such as Tribes. I was talking about this in previous posts I made in here, but like so many times, people ignore anything said before them. Video shows where people spawn, the speed of the mod, how well people can aim the passes because every spawn point directs you to the middle of the map and score table in the end.

I always thought about Team Rabbit is about 2 teams 2 flags some players rabbit and pass and some chase the other teams' rabbit and make them not pick the flag as long as possible

Sharp

Private Tester
There's 2 types of Team Rabbit that I know, one is T1-style and the other is T2-style.

Both games revolve around just the 1 flag and two teams.

T1-style gives points for successful passes based on the difficulty and style of the pass.
Speed of player grab
Speed of flag velocity
Height of grab
Passer's reversal (tossing with back facing catcher - perfect 180degree gets max points)
Catcher's reversal (catching facing opposite the flag - perfect 180degree gets max points)
Sequence passing

Successful passes get these multipled by 2. Successful interceptions get these multiplied by 2. Caught flags from deaths (suicides or other) are +7.

T2-style gives points for successful passes based on the difficulty and style of pass, but also gives many more points for tossing the flag into the opposing team's goal (much like stylish soccer).
I believe the same factors are used in calculating points for passes as T1 though at different scales, though I played TR2 for very little time.

There were also lots of additions to make the flag play interesting. For example, if you bb the enemy flag carrier, you steal the flag (kidney thief). If you MA your teammate, the flag instantly transfers to you (go-go-gadget). If an enemy MAs the flag carrier, lots of flags pop out but only one is the real one (but if you watch carefully for the trajectory you can see it).

And lastly, the plays were generally named after some top players. For example, speed was graded as 0, +1 (Natural), +2 (Un-Natural), +3 (Super-Natural), +4 (Nothing Left to Prove), since he was the best base capper. A midair grenade kill was a Kermy Kill (after [KoV]Lord Kermit), and so on and so forth.