Suggestions for the new patch. (January 2012)

jickerjacker

Private Tester
Just thought I'd make a thread for posting thoughts about the new update on what should and shouldn't be changed.

Only thing I can think of right now is to make the warp scar bigger or last longer because if you're chasing someone on a big map (Zenith, Elegiac, etc.) and they're going 170+ and are 100 ft up in the air, there's none/minimal chance you'd be able to hit something that's half the size of an outrider and only lasts for 3.5 seconds.

Feel free to post suggestions you may have about the update.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Something that someone said earlier is that the warp scar should stay open longer based upon the speed of the player and is something I'd like to see. Just make the duration be something like...

Code:
$Cores::WarpCoreScarTime=2000;//is 3000 right now

//lots of code

%scarTime=10*velocity;
%triggerObj.schedule(%scarTime, "delete");

If you don't make it into a llama's scar... well.. At any rate, it would give defense some assistance making it to the scar of the guy coming in at 250+.

I support this thread and this thread is what I've been advocating for! BUMP!
If you don't make it into a llama's scar... well.. At any rate, it would give defense some assistance making it to the scar of the guy coming in at 250+.

also how about the faster you're going, the longer your warp scar stays open? and the way warp scars should work is to start pretty big and slowly close and get smaller. that way its actually like a warp scar!!

JCARTEL

Private Tester
Loving the new stuff!!! The blaster model is just plain badass :cool:. The only thing I would adjust out of it all for now, is the knockback effect the blaster has. I like the new ROF, and inheritance but with it's current knockback it seems too much like the rocket launcher now.

Wuzgud

Legions Developer
I second making the scars larger and longer lasting.

Edit: Also I think that the core cooldown should reset when you die, specifically for the Regen core. Just makes sense imo.

Perhaps also the ability to use 2 cores at once but at half (or significantly less) power?
When using two cores (for example):
Regen Core: Heals half as much​
OD Core: Deals more damage / Goes a little slower​
Warp Core: Deals more damage and only gives you 3/4ths of your old velocity.​
I think it would be handy to still be able to OD but also have access to another buff. Just an idea.

57thEnryu

One thing id like the request, an option to have servers that do not have cores. I like the new style (gona take some getting used to though), but the old style is just as fun. So when this goes live, can we have servers with cores and ones without?

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
One thing id like the request, an option to have servers that do not have cores. I like the new style (gona take some getting used to though), but the old style is just as fun. So when this goes live, can we have servers with cores and ones without?

So you want to remove overdrive as well? The one mechanic that has been in the game since day 1?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
So you want to remove overdrive as well? The one mechanic that has been in the game since day 1?

I'm thinking he wants to play the game pre-latest content update (there's always users who want to play an older build after new content is introduced). While I don't think it'd be a great idea to host multiple official servers with different versions of Legions (excluding the public test servers), the nice thing about user hosts is that players can strip out/modify content to mimic earlier builds.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I'm thinking he wants to play the game pre-latest content update (there's always users who want to play an older build after new content is introduced). While I don't think it'd be a great idea to host multiple official servers with different versions of Legions (excluding the public test servers), the nice thing about user hosts is that players can strip out/modify content to mimic earlier builds.

What I think he is more referring to then, is an LT build.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I would like to see objects (projectiles, nades and flags) go threw warp scars.

GoGo Triad!

Later:

6hhtgl.jpg

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I think with all these new cores being implemented into the game, one weapon, or class of players are being left with an almost useless weapon. The laser-rifle 'sniper'.
With the warp and the regeneration core, snipers have been put in a more difficult position. Using the laser-rifle drains the energy of the player, the damage inflicted by a laser-rifle is also quite low.

I think either the damage of the laser-rifle should be buffed up a bit, or the amount of energy it drains should be lowered a little. Not a sniper myself, but still.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
LR's have the longest range in the game and deal high damage at that range. They are fine as-is. Regen cores don't help cappers so much as the do things like LO.

Freeman

RAYTANG
With the warp and the regeneration core, snipers have been put in a more difficult position.
capper comes in, gets sniped once.

WARPS BACK!!! gets sniped again. dies.

i dont see the problem really.

and as for the regen core, i havent really seen any capper chose it over the warp or OD core. as stated above, its mainly for LO