Steam

Fixious

Test Lead
What I like:

Fast servers.
In-game UI (which can be used for non-Steam games as well).
Friends list.
Easy way to purchase games.
Holiday deals.
Non-intrusive DRM (mostly)
Greenlight was a nice idea, but needs work (mainly better QA on Steam's part)

What I don't:

Client itself is slow as balls.
EULA/TOS is sorta frightening.
Almost always wants to update (not necessarily bad, but annoying)

DayZ (there's already a clone of it on Steam... something War Z. Ofc Steam would promote this.)

Why wouldn't they? Also, no. Don't like it? Don't use it. GOG, Origin, GameFly, and others are out there to try for yourself.

s3YOLOSWAGg

What I like:

Fast servers.
In-game UI (which can be used for non-Steam games as well).
Friends list.
Easy way to purchase games.
Holiday deals.
Non-intrusive DRM (mostly)
Greenlight was a nice idea, but needs work (mainly better QA on Steam's part)

What I don't:

Client itself is slow as balls.
EULA/TOS is sorta frightening.
Almost always wants to update (not necessarily bad, but annoying)

Why wouldn't they? Also, no. Don't like it? Don't use it. GOG, Origin, GameFly, and others are out there to try for yourself.
agreed,
may i ask if Legions will be translated into various languages? i just showed the game to my cousin in Taiwan and he loves it

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
DayZ (there's already a clone of it on Steam... something War Z. Ofc Steam would promote this.)
Was under development at the same time. Only turned out worse of a game than DayZ. Oh and Arma 2 is also on steam (What DayZ is a mod of... durr...).

What's so good about steam you ask. Well for starters it's a centered launcher for all your games that acts as a fairly laid low DRM for the games as well. Nothing is more annoying than having 100 different launcher platforms updating alongside of the darn games. Not to mention having 20000 different accounts for every *dancing* game you ever wanted to play. Now you've only logged into your one account in steam, clicky on a game and get to it.

Personally I have quite a big list these days already and frankly I even forget I have some games from time to time as digital versons. So, I check the steam games list and "ooooh" I see that gold nugget of a classic game and install that after a few years of pause.

Basic community tools.
Extensive sales channel.
All games update from the same launmcher whenever update is avail (Naturally you can stop these updates if you need the bandwith)
Trading on certain titles.
Gifting of games and certain content.
Blah blah blah
So on so on so on

Now after that can you tell me... What's so great about individual launchers for all games?

57thEnryu

what, are you, serio--
h67A2B952

s3YOLOSWAGg

As much as I do encourage people to just live in the woods without connection to the masses and growing their own food, making their own clothes, bulding their own houses and herding their own cattle, chopping woods etc etc etc...
well derp, i hope legions has a achievement for stealing flag at 250+;)

57thEnryu

you can go over 400 right?
I have never heard of a legit 400+ cap, and I have only gone 400 after dropping from reeeeeeeealy high on a infinite energy server.....so, in short, no

come tho think of it, my fastest grab was 298 -.-
frinking hell, close enough.