Steam Game Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender

You're hilarious. Overdrive has been in every iteration of legions since the creation of the game.

In my opinion the game that we have now is substantially faster that FEL..
Thats my basic point. But don't get upset, a slower game mod can fix that for those who want it..

Triad

Legions Developer
The problem is if the game is slowed down the current player base will most likely ditch the game. I'd be happy to try out your mod that slows the game down, but I doubt most people will enjoy it simply because we've all been playing the fast paced version since 2008-2009. I think Legions is past the stage of getting new players, at least this version is. Everyone is pro now, except at capping. Most people are terrible at capping.

Defender

You hit the nail right on..
Most people have been playing this same basic repetitive game and maps for years now and are pros.
We need different game mods that allow more people to be competitive in different ways.
I will be happy to try your new legions game when it comes out, But most likely it will be a fast paced clone of this game and dominated by the small current player base we have now.

Triad

Legions Developer
I will be happy to try your new legions game when it comes out
I'm no longer a developer and I don't have access to any of the new stuff, I'm just a regular guy now. Everything I say is entirely my opinion and does not reflect the actual development team in any way.

I can't play this game seriously any more anyway. I have terrible internet that is rarely stable.

Armageddon

Teapot
I've tried every map you've made def and most are good... for tribes, i'm not trying to insult them but for legions they don't all work for the vast majority of people or with the current mechanics.
Maybe once we get the boost core people will try the maps you've made with no terrain or flatter terrain, those maps remind me of when Mono-Rail for T1 came out in base and didn't get popular until we used them with Ultra_Renegades and then they became the standard for large competition. When legions doesn't have to rely on terrain as much as it does now is when i see a flood of maps being played that don't see much or any server time now.

Defender

Just don't say all my maps don't work in the current Legions.
You need to address each map separately and let me know what needs changing.
I don't see how my newer map DeathPit, could not work in the current mechanics,
Its a great map for skiing. Volcano Island, also has some descent fast skiing in the middle.
Don't forget Arctic Island, its got a nice steep sloop between the bases and hill tops.
My space map HalfmoonBay, also allows for extremely fast skiing.
Custom maps don't get played right now because most players can't even host their own servers.
If they did, new players don't even know where to go download the map.
I asked the Devs for a loading screen for maps that let mappers post download links like tribes2 has, but that fail on death ears...

Triad

Legions Developer
I asked the Devs for a loading screen for maps that let mappers post download links like tribes2 has, but that fail on death ears...
They haven't had time. They are spending all of their time on the update trying to get it working and balanced which has been very difficult because every time you add something Torque breaks down and starts crashing. If you want something to happen you got to do it yourself.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
This thread is getting kind of hostile.

One last thing to note: And I might be getting a head of myself, but after 1.40 is released (with the editor), expect us to start takings votes on community maps to be selected for inclusion into the official game. Keep an eye on the blog for further details when they become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.