Star Wars Pod race jet sounds

SNAKEOPS

I'm sorry, but the sound is a bit annoying with the high pitch and all, sounds like plasma to me.

Is there a way you can make it "deeper" pitch so it sounds like an engine purring?

For example, a Chevy Camaro

Fixious

Test Lead
Unlikely. The jetting_loop pitch increases with your speed, and I don't think anyone knows how to disable it. So any sound you replace it with will also be affected by your speed.

Maxter

I'm sorry, but the sound is a bit annoying with the high pitch and all, sounds like plasma to me.

Is there a way you can make it "deeper" pitch so it sounds like an engine purring?

For example, a Chevy Camaro

That's OK. I initially wanted the pod engine sound to remain constant but Legions will increase the pitch and tempo of the file no matter what. Maybe there's some way to get the game not to do that, which would be great.

What you can do is reduce your file's tempo and pitch to a really low value, so that in game, when you hit good speed, it'll sound like a normal engine. I did this using Audacity, and it did work, atleast upto 100.

Belberith

Legions Developer
That's OK. I initially wanted the pod engine sound to remain constant but Legions will increase the pitch and tempo of the file no matter what. Maybe there's some way to get the game not to do that, which would be great.

That requires engine modification. There isn't any way to do that through script currently, sorry.

SNAKEOPS

What you can do is reduce your file's tempo and pitch to a really low value, so that in game, when you hit good speed, it'll sound like a normal engine. I did this using Audacity, and it did work, atleast upto 100.

how can i reduce file's temp and pitch to a lower value?

Maxter

Well, I used the software Audacity for starters, which is free by the way. Once you open the file in it, go to "Effects" and look for "change speed". That reduces both pitch and tempo at the same time. Don't change them individually as it causes some disturbance. Once you're done, click on "Export selection" in the File tab to get the file.