Splash Damage poll

Which splash damage value did you prefer

• Reduced (how it was just before the new map release)

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • How it is now

Votes: 40 54.1%
  • Either works

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters

Redvan

Private Tester
Just to get a feel for how many people prefer which value of splash damage, here is a poll. No discussion necessary, there's already another thread for that.

Homingun

Yay for splash weapons that don't do their job. Maybe we should take out splash all together? That should be fun.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Funny that the version that everyone is used to the most isn't even mentioned in the post. ;)

Now the question is, was the original splash version left out of the poll intentionally (we know that Redvan dislikes splash damage, and that version had the most of it), or out of a lack of knowledge?

Redvan

Private Tester
Funny that the version that everyone is used to the most isn't even mentioned in the post. ;)

Now the question is, was the original splash version left out of the poll intentionally (we know that Redvan dislikes splash damage, and that version had the most of it), or out of a lack of knowledge?
I just figured current and old are close enough, so I left it out intentionally.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
The "current" curve is about halfway between the "old" and the "reduced" one. So even the poll option "how it is now" is still a form of nerfed splash.

discord

Private Tester
I voted how it is now simply because of the pain it was to chase with the reduced splash. Some of the shots that you have to make in order to down a capper are near impossible to hit directly and with the reduced splash they would do very little. It did make chaingun's current incarnation seem extremely powerful though.

Propkid

Give me rocks instead of rockets and I'll still MA ;p no difference IMO, as long as the other guy has the same splash as I do

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Give me rocks instead of rockets and I'll still MA ;p no difference IMO, as long as the other guy has the same splash as I do

We were testing on dev server yesterday, and Bugs had messed something up and none of the rockets had any trails. Felt exactly like throwing rocks really really straight. =)

LindN

where's the -do not give a crap about it option? it's harder and that's awesome. game was to easy anyway.

Propkid

We were testing on dev server yesterday, and Bugs had messed something up and none of the rockets had any trails. Felt exactly like throwing rocks really really straight. =)
oooo god you just made me so jealous >:O I also wanna test stuffs on a dev server, especially when its going to be all buggy. Its mainly because I decided to wait and not play until Legions develops a bit more; im bored of the CTF base and wanna try out new stuffs.