special grenades?

ghawktr

This is just some food for thought but how about implementing special grenades? like an energy draining grenade with a long range and short blast radius, or flash bang-esque grenade that blanks the screen for 2 seconds?

Also limiting the amount of grenades each player in DM or team (CTF/TDM) has?

Yeah see that whole Energy thing is a LIE if you did that times it good capper would have no boost and be screwd!!! Capper could drop one behind him and his Chaser(s) are royaly screwd! Flashbang hhhmmm not bad but when you get MA to the face you cant see crap! sooooo good idea like the idea but its just messes with the flow of the game.

Deskari

Yeah see that whole Energy thing is a LIE if you did that times it good capper would have no boost and be screwd!!! Capper could drop one behind him and his Chaser(s) are royaly screwd! Flashbang hhhmmm not bad but when you get MA to the face you cant see crap! sooooo good idea like the idea but its just messes with the flow of the game.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole point of using weapons is to screw an enemy. Please define "flow of the game" and why it is being messed up.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the whole point of using weapons is to screw an enemy. Please define "flow of the game" and why it is being messed up.

Flow of legions- Fast paced Jet packing and chase....With a Grenade that Drains your boost you lose the highspeed Jet packing and chase....

EDIT: And yes thats the reason for weapons but if your whole point is to make more weapons to stop the enemy then well were does the stratigic part of the game go? I like to keep things simple.

Frost

Flow of legions- Fast paced Jet packing and chase....With a Grenade that Drains your boost you lose the highspeed Jet packing and chase....
Hitting a slope wrong slows the game speed, or walls etc. Getting hit with a rocket or regular grenade can slow down a cappers speed or push them into a wall where they are forced to stop.
Capper could drop one behind him and his Chaser(s) are royaly screwd!
Chasers aren't usually directly behind a capper when chasing, also it could become a required legions skill to avoid said grenade (assuming they are relatively easy to spot.)

On the topic of the actual idea, I think both grenade types are alright although flash bangs would just be spammed when cappers are coming in which wouldn't be exactly fair. The boost drain could add extra awareness but it should only take 1/4 - 1/3 energy otherwise it would be way overpowered (also only 1/spawn)

Hitting a slope wrong slows the game speed, or walls etc. Getting hit with a rocket or regular grenade can slow down a cappers speed or push them into a wall where they are forced to stop.

Chasers aren't usually directly behind a capper when chasing, also it could become a required legions skill to avoid said grenade (assuming they are relatively easy to spot.)

On the topic of the actual idea, I think both grenade types are alright although flash bangs would just be spammed when cappers are coming in which wouldn't be exactly fair. The boost drain could add extra awareness but it should only take 1/4 - 1/3 energy otherwise it would be way overpowered (also only 1/spawn)

This is true but those are skills...And you say 1/3 or 1/4 what happends when a handfull of teamates drop them at once onto the capper??? Also then what if you have a second capper DED to going on route that the chaser would go more thn often in game play chasers take the smae path to catch up to the capper and more often cappers comes in twos and sometimes more..

Frost

This is true but those are skills...And you say 1/3 or 1/4 what happends when a handfull of teamates drop them at once onto the capper??? Also then what if you have a second capper DED to going on route that the chaser would go more thn often in game play chasers take the smae path to catch up to the capper and more often cappers comes in twos and sometimes more..
The only time you have a "hand full" of team mates at your base is if there was a mass death, the beginning of the game, or a standoff. Any other time you have 2-3 at your base, the stay at home has LOs to deal with, the chaser can take 1 capper if they feel like wasting their nade and the Hof has to focus on stopping the cap while under fire. Cappers come in twos often but theres always seconds of difference otherwise they'd interfere with each other so I'm not quite sure if your under the assumption the nade blast would last for awhile but I may be wrong. 1/4 - 1/3 energy is not that bad at all considering if you activate OD before the nade then it has no effect + when your capping your usually not on the ground you grab it and your in the air where your energy recharges enough to ski. The only change would be the possible need to change your return route

The only time you have a "hand full" of team mates at your base is if there was a mass death, the beginning of the game, or a standoff. Any other time you have 2-3 at your base, the stay at home has LOs to deal with, the chaser can take 1 capper if they feel like wasting their nade and the Hof has to focus on stopping the cap while under fire. Cappers come in twos often but theres always seconds of difference otherwise they'd interfere with each other so I'm not quite sure if your under the assumption the nade blast would last for awhile but I may be wrong. 1/4 - 1/3 energy is not that bad at all considering if you activate OD before the nade then it has no effect + when your capping your usually not on the ground you grab it and your in the air where your energy recharges enough to ski. The only change would be the possible need to change your return route

ok yeah a very small window were theses a handfull but, even lets see here one LO one hof and lets say a guy respawning at the base is enough to nock dead in your tracks to really no boost at all...

Frost

ok yeah a very small window were theses a handfull but, even lets see here one LO one hof and lets say a guy respawning at the base is enough to nock dead in your tracks to really no boost at all...
Same goes for body blocking but there's ways around it, plus body blocking is in the air and stops you before you can od. For these to effective they would have to be tossed in the air at an oncoming capper and time so they detonate before the capper can activate OD or have them detonate on the ground by the flag as the capper comes in. This doesn't deny their possible influence if implemented properly, I think they are a good idea for diversity as well as giving cappers (and other positions) another skill to master.

EDIT: --note-- It's been awhile so I don't completely remember the OD situation in terms of energy, I just remember the speed requirement and the health drop

Same goes for body blocking but there's ways around it, plus body blocking is in the air and stops you before you can od. For these to effective they would have to be tossed in the air at an oncoming capper and time so they detonate before the capper can activate OD or have them detonate on the ground by the flag as the capper comes in. This doesn't deny their possible influence if implemented properly, I think they are a good idea for diversity as well as giving cappers (and other positions) another skill to master.

EDIT: --note-- It's been awhile so I don't completely remember the OD situation in terms of energy, I just remember the speed requirement and the health drop

It Drains it i pretty sure... yeah

Prohibited

I think if you have even a small portion (1/50) it will still activate so long as your touching the ground and have enough health.

maxaboshi

Too gimmicky for my tastes. Let's stick to grenades that just blow up. Blowing up and taking energy would be too much trouble.